fifteen.

Lambeth North
22:13 pm
Delilah's POV

The last time I put a spliff to my mouth was months ago when Abigail pretty much forced me to. So when I go and take a pull now I'm trying so hard not to cough the back of my eyeballs are actually beginning to water. Some ash nearly drops on to the bare flesh of my lap so I quickly pass it back.

"Some ganja make you smile init." Latz gladly takes the blunt from my hand while I exhale long and hard. I wish I'd just told him I don't smoke often. But I didn't. I just didn't. Turning my head to glance out towards the led water works, I wonder if Abigail's noticed I'm not at my Dads or my Mums, since I didn't actually tell her that Latz had asked me out my house because he wanted to 'show me somewhere nice' as he put it to me. I was just gonna say no. Then I thought about these past 4 long days I've been buried underneath my duvet, bedroom curtains drawn shut fighting my brain and said yes instead.

And also because she always does this thing. Like a humbling thing whenever I mention a guy wanting to take me out. I can even hear her voice in my head right now. Precisely, she'd go like he's mid as fuck you can't let just any bum nigga drag you out the crib like, you need to make sure you go somewhere nice like, he needs to drive like,; And I'll show her a pic of the nigga meeting the description and then she'd say something like yeah that defo ain't his car or I wouldn't but do your thing. Altogether I figured I didn't need to hear it this time, not ever to be honest.

So I guess I'm the only one that knows I'm here hot boxing in this coupe with Latz who I'm beginning to find not bad at all. Glancing back at him as he blows weed smoke in to the air, I try to decipher what exactly this heartbreak is transitioning me into. To be sat here, in his super nice car about to go up to his super nice crib with what feels like nothing to lose. Frankly I didn't even care, I came here simply because I can.

"So what is it?"

"What is what?"

Your occupation."

He chuckles. "I'm just a money man is all." He shrugs, finally rolling the window down. I say nothing, watching as he flicked the blunt. "And a ganja man." He answers, and honestly I'm just more baffled than before I asked. What himself and Driz got up to was so annoyingly obscure even Abigail would scratch her head sometimes. I took it as none of mine till now, that I'm in the passenger staring in to the side of this guys face high as fuck.

The apartment lobby is haste and warm and altogether the last place I was expecting him to stay. Right in the middle of the city. But clearly he did. Cause when he leads me past the receptionist desk he nods to the guy sitting there who nods right back.
When he shows me his crib, I really begin to wonder what the hell this guy gets up to.

"What about you pretty?"

"Nursing."

He gazes down at me. "Yeah? You're not like your friend."

"What do you mean by that?" I ask, his back is turned to me as he briefly peaks in to the cabinet drawer that I literally thought was just plain wall at first.

"Two birds of a feather init." He chuckles. The guy had a hell of a first impression, now that I'm standing here in his lush open plan apartment kitchen while he pours me some Henny, he's different without Driz by his side.

"Abigail and I are very much alike."

"No, you're different." Latz, mid sip, shakes his head and puts his glass down where I notice the Medusa ring on his finger. "If you was like Abigail I don't think I'd have put you in my car and drove us to Novi." He leans forward. "I don't think I'd have let you draw my zoot either."