twelve.

DELILAH'S POV

"Yo."

"Huh?" I look at him.

"Wagwan?"

"Nothing."

He knits his brow at me then turns around in to the cupboard to continue prattling on about tommorow. He's going Portugal for this scouting trial thing he's been planning with his team for the past couple months. And as much as I'm alright with it I'm bitter cause he's leaving me for 3 weeks. And it's like he doesn't even realise. I've always wondered why is it that he can do without me twice as much as I can do without him.

Staring at his bare back I take those seconds to try put the two's three's and four's together. I'm so tempted to just pick the phone up and call this girl back, but half of me is utterly confused.

Was that really Tiffany? Or was I just half asleep?

I feel to just open my mouth and ask, but the other half of me is way too busy thinking. I look at his phone resting beside my thigh, press the home button and swipe down. Then my stomach drops because I'm really looking at Tiffany's number that I knew ended in 208. Then I lock his phone back up, slump against his headboard and exhale hard. Jaheim abruptly stops sorting through his socks to turn back round. He just looks at me. And for a second I think that he's clocked that I've clocked. But instead he just squints his eyes and goes "What time does Maccie's stop breakfast?"

"Half ten. But this one here I think eleven."

"Whats the time?"

"Like quarter past."

"Come then."

"But..." I lean back on my elbow. "You can't just order?"

"We can't just go for a drive?" He asks back, pulling a plain white tee over his head.

Soon enough I'm putting on his Nike shorts and wriggling toes into sliders several sizes bigger than me.

Before I know it we're in the car and he's blasting music.

"LAST NIGGA PLAYED WITH DURKIO HE IN A BACKWOOD." Jaheim bops so hard to the music I'm sure his head was gonna fall off. And I just roll my eyes, smacking his hand away when he reaches for my chin. He knew I hated when he blasted his tunes for the whole of Barking to hear as he drove. Days he'd come to pick me up I could hear him from literally all the way down my street.

"Will you freaking..." I go to spin the volume all the way down. But he smacks my hand away to turn it back up. So I smack the D-squared cap off his head and in to his lap.

"Bake man." He grumbles to put it back on sideways.

I just kiss my teeth and look out the window.

"Kiss me." He says leaning over slightly he puckers his lips with his one hand on the wheel.

"Just drive man." I say. He pecks my mouth anyway, then turns the music back up slightly again.

"BURGLAR SCAMMER A MURDERER IM HANDSOME."

This is how the car ride goes essentially for the rest of the journey.

"You sure you don't want nuttin?" He asks me for the second time as we entered the Mc Donald's car park. "Cause you always do that. Then when I come back..." He turns round to peer through back window as he parked. "You nyam half the food anyway."

"I'm sure."

He opens the door and is just about to stick a leg out the car but turns back to look at me again. "Just water?"