four.

Barking Community Hospital
4:47pm
Delilah's POV

"Can you believe Harriet peed herself again."

I purse my lips. "Again?" I echo in disbelief as I watch Tiffany clock out.

"And Jess was just like, clean it up then, like what the hell you clean it up." She kisses her teeth, tucking her lanyard back in her jacket as we both stepped in to the chilled  air. "Nursing is the shittiest." She exhales depressingly. "Days like this got me thinking about Primark man."

We had to both laugh at that one. Because we both knew that was bullshit. Besides McDonald's, Primark was the premium ghetto of workplaces. Especially during the summer of 2017 when they had me stood at the tills in sweltering heat, no chance of break until those bloody queues were all gone.

"That might be my Uber."

We watch as a Toyota Prius comes rolling through the entrance of the hospital car park

"Looks like it." I mumble. We wait to see if the car stops in front of us, and it does. The man rolls down  his window.  "Tiffany?"

"Yeah..." Suddenly Tiffany turns to me and gives me a look. "Don't forget, you're too pretty to compete." She said, which brings me to smile as she gets in the cab.

I watch the Prius roll out the car park and on to the street, and it's like a grey cloud comes to sit on my head. Not the I'm depressed cloud. But rather a fucks sake now I need to wait for this bus cloud. A my best friend ain't even checked on me since that Sunday night cloud.

I stuff my hands in my pockets, and begin to walk. But as I'm walking I find myself watching out the corner of my eye. It feels just like last night. But it isn't Denarr's all black Audi. Instead, it's a space grey Mercedes.

"I know you ain't happy with me when you're tryna outwalk the whip." Jaheim calls through the window from the Drivers seat.

"Delilah." He calls out to me in his "I'm sorry" voice, slowing the car to a stop to watch me stubbornly tread down the pavement. To be fair I do eventually stop, tread back and get in the car. But as soon as I get inside I look straight ahead, arms folded as he leans over to put a kiss on my cheek.

"Your day was good?"

"Yeah it was alright." I mumbled, my broken nail suddenly taking up all my attention.

Laughing at my stone straight face, he rests his hand on my knee. "Why you doing that?" He goes in to kiss right beside my mouth. "Ain't seen you in three days."As much as I loved the feeling I was still upset with this guy. I was in my every right too. So I just look at him with my arms folded.

"So you ain't miss me?" He kisses my cheek again, really close to my mouth.

The drive was pretty quiet, mainly him asking me questions and me replying with flat 3 word max answers. But funny enough When he pulls up outside my yard I really don't wanna leave him. After all I haven't seen this boy since Monday. But my pride tells me to pop the buckle on my seat belt and say "Thank you."

"Before you go..." He says, causing me to pause and look at him expectantly. All I think of is a full mark apology he must be ready to give me.

"Could you grab my fleece from the back?"

I sigh and roll my eyes, stretch over behind his seat for his stupid Nike hoodie only to gasp at a bouquet of the most beautiful red roses on the car floor. I pick it up and bring it in to my lap.