10. Friendship and Snowflakes

A/N: dedicated to harveybarness

"Jordyn! Wake up!"

Jordyn groaned, and rolled over, deciding to pretend her boyfriend didn't exist for a while longer. She loved him to death, but it was too early, and too cold.

"Jordyn!"

"What?" She mumbled, her voice muffled by the pillows her face was pressed into.

There was a rustling sound, and suddenly Jordyn could feel a presence hovering above her. She squeezed her eyes shut tighter and tried to pretend she could be mad at him.

"Jord, it's snowing!"

"I know. That's why I'm in here."

Auba moved his hands to her sides and forcibly turned her to face him, chuckling at the pout present on her face as she blinked in the light. Jordyn took in the fact that Auba was already dressed in a coat, beanie and scarf, and shook her head, chuckling at him.

"You're ridiculous," she muttered, leaning up to kiss him.

Auba let out a surprised noise, but relaxed against her lips, pressing back against her eagerly.

"I hate the cold," Jordyn complained.

"Of course you do, you're Australian," Auba rolled his eyes. "Come on! I bet you've barely seen snow in your life, let's go outside!"

"I saw snow last winter and the winter before," she retorted. "I've been in England two years and it's snowed both times, at least a little bit. Let me tell you, the novelty wore off quickly."

"So? You don't think it snows in Gabon, do you?"

"You're from France, idiot, you've barely lived in Gabon. You don't get to claim hot country rights."

"Hot country rights?" Auba laughed, shaking his head. "Come on, let's go!"

Jordyn sat up, yawning a little, and stretching out her arms.

"Fine, I'm coming. I have to get up anyway, I agreed I'd go help Adri with a photo shoot for her clothing line."

Auba's eyes widened.

"You agreed to being in front of the camera?" He asked incredulously.

"Of course not!" Jordyn retorted. "I agreed to being behind it. Apparently the crew she hired cancelled at the last minute, they're all sick or something. Which, okay, it's flu season, fair enough. But she needed someone who at least knows what they're doing with a camera, she doesn't want to have to cancel the models."

"The models being..." Auba wondered.

"How should I know," Jordyn shrugged, with a slight laugh. "Probably a bunch of your teammates. But you should know yourself how it works with your branding, Adri has to get permission to use photos of them in her promotions. It'd be such a process to go through it all again just because the photographers cancelled on her."

"Fair enough," Auba nodded. "I wanna be a model. Can I be a model?"

"You only want to be a model because I'm the photographer," she rolled her eyes. "I dunno, ask Adri. Ask your brand. You're so busy all the time Adri probably assumed you couldn't make it if she asked you, you spend all your free time with me."

Auba was quiet at this, and Jordyn suddenly realised that perhaps that was a loaded statement.

"Hey, I didn't mean..." she began.

"No no, it's okay," Auba interrupted her. "You're right, I am busy all the time. Maybe I should spend more time with my friends."

"I think it's okay," said Jordyn. "No one's said anything, if that's what you're wondering, and our relationship is kinda new. I think it's normal to be in each other's pockets 24/7 when you first start dating."