12. Summer Makes Everything Better

"Why do I get the feeling you're planning something?"

Jordyn turned to smile innocently at her boyfriend - or at least, she hoped it came across as innocent.

"Maybe I am," she winked at him.

"Damn, whenever this confidence came from, I like it," Auba chuckled. "Can you at least tell me where we're going? This is supposed to be my territory."

He was right, in a way, but Jordyn had no intention of telling him anything just yet. The two of them were walking through the Arsenal training centre, and to all intents and purposes, Jordyn had no idea where she was headed, purely going off directions given haphazardly by Hector.

"Trust me, this is a good idea," she told him, and Auba was forced to be content with that for an explanation.

In due course, they reached the door to what Auba knew to be an old cafeteria that had once been used by the youth teams. It had stood empty for some time now, and as Jordyn twisted the handle of the door, the Gabonese frowned in confusion.

"Why are we going in here? There's nothing in here."

Jordyn paused her hand on the door, turning to look at him, and there was something in her gaze that made him hesitate.

"Whatever happens today... I just need you to know that I love you unconditionally. Nothing that happens in here will change that, okay?"

"What? Jord, I dont..."

"Just, please Auba, give this a chance."

She did not give him the chance to respond before swinging the door open, and gesturing to him to step into the room before her. Upon entering the old cafeteria, he was greeted with the sight of Hector, Lia, and Laca, the latter's eyes widening upon meeting his gaze.

"What the hell..."

"I asked you to give it a chance, so give it one," Jordyn spoke from behind him, and he turned to see her shutting the door and clicking the lock. Her gaze was more stern than he'd ever witnessed before, and she looked at him seriously for a moment, before nodding curtly to Hector.

"This is Arteta sanctioned, for your information," stated Hector. "I was made captain earlier this week since Kos bailed on us, as I'm sure you're aware, and this is my first act as captain. Auba, Laca... we love you two to death, but you need to stop pretending there's nothing going on, and sort yourselves out. And I'm completely serious about this. We are not the only ones who've noticed how much this issue, whatever it is, is affecting every aspect of your lives, including your ability to play football together."

"Hector, you can't do this..." Began Laca, but Hector cut him off.

"No, Laca, I CAN do this. As I told you before, the boss agreed with me that this needs to be done, and the only reason he's not officiating this himself is because I convinced him that having people who know you both well and who care about you on a personal level would be helpful. Now, if you both decide you want to sort this out privately, that's fine, Lia Jord and I are more than happy to wait outside the doors until you're done. But you do not leave this room until you've either sorted out your issues and worked out how you're going to move forward, or, you die of hunger and thirst and a lack of basic human comforts."

"Sheesh, Hector, it's not that bad, honestly," said Auba, holding up his hands defensively. "Can't you give us some time to work things out?"

"It is that bad!" Jordyn exclaimed suddenly. "Trust me, I've heard this already, Hector can and will take it to Arteta if you can't fix this. And dont try and pretend this is something that needs time because if my guess is correct, and I like to think I know you pretty well by now, this is an issue that has been going on since long before you came to Arsenal."