8. One Step Ahead

A/N: #Aubaminelli

Next time Auba paid a visit to the coffee shop on Sunshine Terrace, it was busier than he'd ever seen it before. He had not planned this as an idle visit - in fact, he had Laca, Hector, Gabi, and KT with him, and they'd planned on surprising the girls on what ought to have been a quiet Wednesday afternoon. Upon opening the door however, the chaos they were met with rivalled that of the Emirates Stadium an hour before kick off.

Auba immediately abandoned his plans to show the others around (Laca could do it, anyway) and made a bee line for the blonde haired barista. She glanced up as he approached, and although she was obviously tired, gave him a happy smile.

"Boy am I glad to see you," she muttered, in words that could only just be heard above the hubbub.

"What's going on?" Auba asked. "Why is it like a primary school at pick up time?"

"You tell me," Jord shrugged. "There must be some event on nearby, and they've all showed up here. It'd be alright, only Lia forgot to put in our order at the grocery store for our stock this week and didn't realise until about ten minutes ago."

"What do you need? Want me to go on a mission to the store?"

"It's okay," she shook her head. "One of us girls would need to go anyway. Ally's been doing a bunch of gluten free and other dietary foods for us and it makes the shopping list a little confusing."

At that moment, a young boy approached Auba and asked him for a photo. The Gabonese happily obliged, and by the time his attention returned to Jord, Lia and the rest of the guys had joined them.

"Honestly you lot," said Lia, as she added two new orders to the side of the coffee machine, "I love you all to death but you're not making things any better in here. How about we meet you all afterwards to catch up? Adri and Venus were going to meet us as well, and right now I have to go to the grocery store."

"I don't mind," Hector nodded. "I was gonna go meet Adri after this anyway."

"Where were you gonna go after this?" KT wanted to know. "And did you say Vene's gonna be there?"

Lia smirked at the Scotsman, and shook her head.

"You don't mess about, do ya? Venus will be there if you are."

"Sounds good to me!" Kieran grinned at her cheekily.

"Are you sure you don't need help?" Said Auba. "I offered to go shopping but Jord said it's complicated."

"I guess some help wouldn't hurt, if you guys don't mind," Lia shrugged. "Jord, you go with them then, and I'll manage things here."

"Wait, really?" The Australian's eyes widened as she turned to look at her friend. "Are you sure you'll be okay?"

"Better than you'd be on your own," Lia winked at her. "And it's my fault we're running out of stock anyway."

"Grocery adventure it is then," Auba smiled at his girlfriend, who nodded, moving to take off her apron.

"Wait, are you kicking me out as well then?" Laca pouted. "What did I do to deserve this?"

"You can stay if you sit in the corner and don't cause trouble," Lia smirked at him.

"Can I do an Auba and sit on the bench whilst you make coffees?"

"No! Auba shouldn't be sitting on the bench anyway! It's unhygienic."

"You be careful with my coffee machine, by the way," put in Jordyn. "If I come back and it's broken I'll be very upset."

"I'm gonna make coffee with it, not play basketball with it," said Lia haughtily. "Have you no faith in me?"