|twelve|

-evolution-

-

The midday sun was still high in the sky, hot rays piercing through the metal of the shiny black car as they tore through the streets of the city. The single open window on the passanger seat was the only source of relief from the heat as turbulent blasts of wind whizzed through it, trying to keep up with the disastrous pace that Yoongi was driving at.

Shots rang out in a symphony of chaos, with a bullet or two occasionally hitting against the bulletproof back window and making Imani flinch with each hit.

Taehyung easily retaliated with shots of his own whilst simultaneously dodging their attacks as he practically hung outside of the open window. His back was turned against the oncoming road and towards their pursuers behind them.

The machine gun in his hand sang endlessly, the brutal cacophony of his shots being fired drowned out the collective screams that followed them and effortlessly sent Imani spiralling into a sea of anxious paranoia.

What if they weren't fast enough?
What if they got caught?

Or worse...

Killed?

What if one second Taehyung was hanging out of the window, defending them and recklessly putting his life on the line but the next second he wasn't?

What if they killed him?

Said boy ducked into the car shortly after, reloading his ammunition, his focused eyes locking on her own scared one's for a second.

His bruised lips quirked upwards and a wink was delivered to her from his functioning eye before he was popping right back out and shooting as their pursuers neared them. Not long after that, Imani winced at the loud screech of tyres and a loud crash that pierced the air, catching her off guard.

She shook her anxious and irrational thoughts away, trying to control her breathing a little and focus more in the present moment. She hadn't dared to look back ever since they had left the house but her curiosity was getting the best of her. She finally turned around and assessed the situation for herself.

"Fuck." That was all that left her lips at the sight. What she had initially thought to be one or two cars was actually a truck and three others ominously stalking them as they zoomed between slower cars and emptier back roads. There was a crash not too far back, the car Taehyung had successfully taken out just moments before becoming nothing more than a smoking dot as they moved further and further away from the scene.

Yoongi was skillful with his driving, taking quick turns and worming through whatever alley he could fit through, but the lingering traffic made it harder for him to speed up and completely lose their tail. He did, however, manage to throw their pursuers off for a little bit but Imani feared that it wouldn't be enough.

The huge black trucks were fast enough to keep a relatively small distance between them and the worst part of it all was the large amount of passangers that the metallic beasts seemed to hold.

She had no idea that Jae had sent this much men after them. It was evident that the woman had become terribly determined if not anything else, and that realisation was when Imani's previously blossoming hope began to dwindle.