|one|

-on the run-

-

14 Hours Later

The streets were alive and buzzing as feelings of both excitement and joy floated into the air. The anticipation for the Mayoral Candidate parade was nearly tangible and the warm spring weather complimented the cheerful mood.

The central city streets were lined with trees that were filled with blossoms in full bloom and the pavements were filled with a large crowd of chattering citizens all awaiting the beginning of the parade. A warm, gentle breeze twirled through the crowd bringing along with it the petals and divine and calming aroma of the spring blossoms as it blew.

The sounds of children's laughter as they sat excitedly atop their father's shoulders or played around with their peers was hard to miss and the faint sizzling sound of food being cooked mingled with the cheery voices.

The sky was a vibrant blue, seemingly mimicking the happy mood shared by the people, and the warm sun was shining down in all its magnificent glory.

It truly was a spectacular day.

Taehyung exhaled a breath of content, his body leaning further out of the rectangular shaped hole in the wall where a window used to be, allowing his golden skin to be kissed by the sun's blissful rays.

He opened his eyes to watch the crowd gather in the streets below him. Not a single soul suspected the three men standing in the abandoned building, just a few floors above them, ready to create chaos on such a peaceful day.

"I swear I should've never listened to you two. I mean, who the hell thinks standing and waiting in a dusty ass room for hours on a Saturday morning is fun?" Namjoon asked rhetorically, waving his hand in front of his face to fan the dust floating around in the room away from him. He had been grumbling about it all morning as he would much rather be taking a stroll through a park than be standing in a clustered room filled with dusty furniture and creaky floors. 

Taehyung chuckled, his head turning back to look at his dramatic older friend. He shrugged, a smirk on his lips before he spoke, "You said you wanted to get out of the house Joon and well, here we are." he finished, turning back to the window pane and soaking in the sun rays once more. 

He inhaled a breath of the fresh air, the aroma of the various food stands lingered over the crowd and Taehyung's eyebrows furrowed as he recalled how they didn't have breakfast.

They had been standing in the room, waiting for the parade to begin since before the sun rose. That must be why Namjoon was so grumpy, he didn't have his usual morning coffee and honestly, Taehyung couldn't blame him. The waiting game was a painful one, he knew it best between the three men. 

"I was talking about going to a bar or a club or even a park for goodness sake, something normal for once." Namjoon continued, muttering out the last part but Yoongi caught it and scoffed from the old chair he was resting on in the corner of the rather small room. 

"We're far from normal Joon, you should know that by now. Besides, this job will pay well enough for you to build your own bar in that gigantic house of yours. Taehyung just needs to make sure he doesn't miss." Yoongi finished shrugging as he continued to mindlessly twirl the knife in his hand and Taehyung turned back around to face the pair with an almost maniacal grin. 

"I never miss." 

--°--

"Fuck fuck fuck" Imani panted, her feet falling faster by the second as she ran through the crowded streets. Her head covered by a hood as her hands tightly clutched the duffel bag hanging on her shoulder. She tried as best as she could to not collide with every person she passed in the busy city streets.