|seven|

-louder than bombs-

-

"Imani?" Namjoon spoke, his hands delivering a light knock to the door as he slightly pushed it open. His head poked around the wood as he peeked inside of the room.

Upon seeing the unmoving figure of the girl slouched against the head board, he stepped further inside.

He had come in earlier but she was in the shower, he even thought about bringing her breakfast but decided against it. He knew it would do her good to get out of the room, even if it was simply to go to the kitchen to eat.

As if she had been pulled out of a deep trance, Imani slowly turned her gaze to the young man. Her eyes were puffy and red but she made no attempt to hide the emptiness that plagued her at that moment. She just felt completely numb.

"Hey there" He spoke gently, a soft smile on his face and his footsteps light as he slowly walked over to her.

"Taehyung said to check up on you… I came a little earlier but I heard the shower on." He made small conversation, his hands moving into the pockets of his dark sweatpants as he came to a stop on the opposite side of where she was on the bed.

A few moments of silence passed between them. Neither of them made any move to speak and he didn't want to push her but he could clearly see that something was wrong. Why else would Taehyung be so concerned?

He heaved a sigh, his eyes moving out of the large window as he ran through the best way of approaching the situation in his head. His eyes moved back to the motionless girl before he spoke up.

"Do you want to talk about it?" He asked softly and she turned her gaze away from his concerned eyes. She stared at the wall in front of her as she had done before.

"No" She whispered out, the sound was soft and sounded broken. Namjoon couldn't help the frown that rose on his face.

The only thing taunting him repeatedly in his head was the promise. He made a promise to her, he promised he'd keep them all safe and the thought that he had failed to keep it was enough to have the guilt flood his chest in heavy waves.

"Okay, I'll respect that but if-"

"Why does it matter?" She asked, her voice cold and her eyes turning icy as she looked at him again.

Namjoon sighed "Imani-" she cut off his predicted avoidance of her question once again.

"No! Tell me, why does it matter if I'm here crying? Why does it matter that I'm not okay? Why does it matter that you keep me alive?"

The tears returned to her eyes, her voice returning to a whisper as her next words escaped her.

"Why don't you just kill me?"
She almost pleaded and Namjoon's calm expression morphed into on of pure sorrow as he stared at the broken girl.

"I can't do that sweetheart." He whispered back, his body moving to sit on the bed.

Her eyes were dripping with fresh tears. Each drop cascading down her face and seeping into the oversized hoodie she was given by Taehyung.