|five|

-captive-

-

Imani groaned in discomfort. Her body felt heavy. It was as if an invisible force was pushing down on her, forcing her deeper and deeper into the... plush surface? She gulped, her throat extremely dry as the rest of her senses slowly started working, her awareness slowly trickling back in.

She furrowed her eyebrows in confusion but the movement only caused the dull pounding in her head to amplify and be brought to the front. Her breathing picked up at the uncomfortable sensation and she gulped again, the dryness of her throat making it hard to swallow.

'What happened?'

'Where am I?'

'Why do I feel like I got hit by a truck?'

She racked her brain, desperately trying to find answers to fill up the blank slate in her mind but nothing worked.

'Don't panic, Don't panic'

She chanted internally, a reminder to stay calm regardless of whatever situation she was about to find herself in. She tried to make out any clues, any sounds or sensations that might give her a slight idea of what her current situation was but all of her attempts came back fruitless.

There was a slick material beneath her body, her head sliding against it as she squirmed, the muscles in her body gradually starting to function again. Her breathing became ragged at the lack of knowledge and sounds that enveloped her, anxiety of the unknown slowly sinking its claws into the silent chaos of her mind.

Her surroundings were quiet, too quiet and that gave rise to an unsettling feeling that she just couldn't seem to place. At least not yet.

There was a bright light that demanded her to open her eyes as it shone down on her from above. The mixture of her fear and anxiety circulated her being but kept her paralysed as she tried to piece together whatever she could remember before her apparent black out.

A few ticks from a nearby clock passed, her attempts of recalling being unsuccessful and she groaned again in frustration. Her body was positioned awkwardly, the new found strain in her weirdly positioned back making it evident. It was as if someone had just carelessly tossed her onto whatever soft surface she was laying on.

The now severe pounding in her temples intensified as she tried once more and racked her brain for memories. 'What the fuck happened?!' The alarming thought kept circulating her mind, causing slight panic when she still couldn't find the answer to the burning question.

She squeezed her eyes tighter, frowning as she attempted to lift her hands up to soothe the aching feeling. Her eyes snapped open in alarm when she felt the tight bonds keeping her hands together but the harsh light her pupils were suddenly exposed to made her hastily close them again. She let out a hiss, turning her head sharply and biting down on her lip as she came down from the shock.

"Fuck" She muttered, her hands squirming in their bonds as fear crept up her neck at the situation she was still unable to clearly place. The only coherent thought ringing in her head was the word 'DANGER' in big bold letters.

The sound of the door unlocking and opening flew straight over her head as she focused all of her attention on her restricted limbs. Her head was popped up, eyes now wide in alarm as her hands moved desperately as she tried untying the rope tightly secured around her wrist.

"Well you would you look at who's finally awake. How are you feeling kitten?" A raspy and calm voice broke the ominous and panic filled silence from before. She froze, her brain immediately recognising his mocking tone and the way the syllables of the pet name rolled languidly off of his tongue. It was none other than the redhead from Nova.