|four|

-the chase-

Imani went rigid, her hands trembling and her chest heaving as stinging tears welled up in her eyes. She stared directly at the lifeless body of the man she was charging at. Blood gushed out from the two gunshot wounds in his head. A pool of blood quickly surrounded him, trickling down and staining the concrete with dark crimson. 

"Well well," a low voice purred out followed by a deep chuckle and Imani flinched at the sudden calm voice that sounded from right behind her. "Fancy seeing you again princess." 

He spoke teasingly, a smug smile on his face as he stared down the girl's unmoving form. She gulped, his voice was oozing with confidence and intimidation causing a shiver to run down her spine. All her previous fiery anger morphing into ice cold fear at the realisation that her time was up. 

She turned around, her fists clenching and unclenching rhythmically as she tried to keep her nerves in order. This wasn't the end. Not yet. She wouldn't let them take her so easily. 

Their eyes met, brown colliding with brown as they stared deeply into each other. Imani found herself becoming slightly hypnotised by the familiar intense, dark pools. They swirled with excitement, malice and a spine chilling emotion she couldn't place, sucking her in and drowning her courage in the dark pit of his taunting gaze. She wondered if those dark eyes could see right through her, if he could see the rising fear clawing its way up her throat and demanding to be let out as a scream of terror. 

The urgency of the fatal situation she was currently in began to set in. 

His eyes trailed her face, taking in her fear filled brown eyes, her flushed cheeks, fallen curls and her slightly parted pink lips that let out heavy breaths. He couldn't deny that she was absolutely gorgeous. A smile rising on his face as the thought of finally capturing her. This girl that he had been unable to forget, this girl that for reasons unknown seemed to rile him up to mo end with a mere smirk of victory. However right now, as the seconds ticked passed between them, he knew he had the upper hand. 

He continued to scan her face, taking in her features, his eyes shamelessly roaming her face. She gulped and on shaky feet, she slowly started backing away. 

"Y-you." she stammered out, her voice trembling as she felt and her eyes constantly darting between his own and the gun held lowly in his hand. He chuckled, stepping forward slowly as he matched her steps, his deep voice echoing in the now empty street. 

He tilted his head to the side playfully, his hands moving behind his back and the sinister glint never leaving his brown eyes. "Yes, me" he smiled devilishly as he advanced towards her, his steps slow and confident. 

At his response, Imani wasted no time in turning and sprinting away from the man. But she didn't get very far. 

Having predicted her next move, his significantly larger hand circled around her wrist and he tugged at it, twisting her body back around to face his own. 

Adrenaline coursed through her veins and as soon as she faced him again she swung her free fist relentlessly, throwing a hard punch and landing it directly on his jaw. The blow caught him completely off guard and she took the opportunity to successfully throw another hard punch into his stomach, knocking his breath out.

He let go of her hand kneeling down  in both shock and pain as he wheezed with one hand on his abdomen and the other on his jaw. He did not at all expect the relatively smaller girl to be that strong or have any fighting abilities at all for that matter. 

"Fuck" he groaned, his head lifting up a little as he caught his breath, watching her figure sprint further down the road away from him. He huffed out, his face forming a scowl as he clenched his jaw. He ket out a breath, cracking his neck and knuckles before he started following behind the fiery girl, a large stride filled with the determination to get what he wanted. He wasn't letting her get away again.