chapter 1 : humari adhuri kahani

"NAIRA!"Kartik shouted as he woke up thinking about his love, his sherni, his Naira.

Struggling to stand up, tears streaming down his eyes, he got up, opened the drawer next to him to pick his and Naira's pictures.

Every memory of theirs together, from rishikesh, their marriage, and just everything came back in front of his eyes. All he wanted was his Naira, his sukoon, his sherni right in front of him.

His eyes spoke a lot, showing his love for his Naira. He walked towards her photo frame. Tracing his fingers over her pictures he wiped his tears.

He moved to the mirror and looked at Naira's kiss on his reflection of his picture. He placed a kiss on the mirror at the same place as Naira's.

"My Naira is alive, she can't leave me like this. I know she is there, she won't leave me!"Kartik said with tears rolling down his cheeks, holding her photo close to his heart.

****************

"Manish ji, why does this always happen to us? Why doesn't our happiness stay for long."Swarna said hugging Akshu tightly.

"Swarna, problem is not that has happened, but what is going to happen now. All this wasn't in our hands."Manish replied

"Why is god so unfair to us? Why did Naira leave us alone Manish ji? What about Kairav, Akshu? How will they live without their mother?"Swarna said with tears in her eyes.

"Mr. Kartik Goenka!?"The police inspector entered Goenka Villa.

All the family members came down.Kartik heard the police, and came down as well.

"Did you find Naira? Where is my Naira?"He asked as soon as he came down.

"I am sorry Mr. Kartik Goenka, we could not find your wife's body!"The police said.

Kartik fell on his knees and the whole family surrounded him trying to console him, but was of no use. He got up and came out.

"Kartik! Wait, where are you going?"Everyone called him, but he didn't reply.

Paas aaye,
Dooriyaan phir bhi kam naa hui
Ek adhuri si hamari kahani rahi
Aasmaan ko zameen, ye zaroori nahi
Jaa mile... jaa mile...
Ishq saccha wahi
Jisko milti nahi manzilein... manzilein...

It was the most difficult for Kartik. He didn't want to believe his Naira was no more. Somewhere inside him, he knew she was there, and will always be there for him.

Rang thhe, noor tha
Jab kareeb tu tha
Ek jannat sa tha, yeh jahaan
Waqt ki ret pe kuch mere naam sa
Likh ke chhod gaya tu kahaan

He closed his eyes and reminisced his memories with Naira. Every single moment he spent with her from the very beginning was indeed very special to him.

From the first time they met in Rishikesh,then again in Udaipur,Their wedding,Their moments after their wedding,Their separation,Meeting after 5 years,When they became parents together recently all of that was all Kartik could think.