[1] PILOT: act one

- BEACON HILLS - NIGHT -

On the rural outskirt of a small Californian town called Beacon Hills, police officers and state troopers gather on a dirt road

On the rural outskirt of a small Californian town called Beacon Hills, police officers and state troopers gather on a dirt road. At their sides, search dogs bark and whine, pulling their leashes taut.

One by one, the officers click on flashlights and then glance to the lead officer for his signal. Finally, he gives a nod. Seconds later, a dozen streaks of lights tear trough the shadowy woods.

A desperate search begun...

- MCCALL HOME - NIGHT -

Not far from those dense woods a two-story home lies hidden under a canopy of trees

Not far from those dense woods a two-story home lies hidden under a canopy of trees. A gentle wind drifts into the open window of an upstairs bedroom.

Two hands thread the laces on the head of a lacrosse stick. The work is fast and precise, fingers pulling each lace into a diamond mesh pattern, knotting the last loop, sixteen years old Scott McCall stands with the re-threaded stick.

Dressed in only a pair of athletic shorts, his lithe frame may still have some filling out to do but it's easy to see that he'll soon grow into a strikingly handsome young man with deep black eyes designed to melt the hearts of hopeful young girls.

Scooping a ball up from his bedroom floor, he gives the lacrosse stick a spin, testing his handiwork.

A moment later, the re-threaded stick lands next to a school backpack, while Scott pumps out a few chin-ups at the bar mounted in the doorway of his closet.

Then, toothbrush in his mouth, he reaches for the window still to pull it down. But he stops when he hears a sound. He cocks his ear to listen again. Under the whispering wind, he hears movement... a strange shuffling noice.

Scott silently slips into the hallway and peers into his sister's bedroom. His twin- sister, Alycia McCall, sixteen-years old, both remarkably strong and remarkably beautiful, studies over the covers of the bed, fully clothed as if she'd just started working after having walked in.

"Hey, Scott." She greets her brother, looking up from the papers laying in front of her.

"Hey, did you hear or see something strange just now?" Scott asks his sister.