[1.4] PILOT: act four

- BEACON HILLS HIGH SCHOOL -

Scott has just changed into his lacrosse gear in preparation for the final day of try-outs. He had just put his backpack into his locker when suddenly, Jackson appears, also in his lacrosse gear, and angrily slams his locker door closed, startling Scott.

"All right, little man. How 'bout you tell me where you're getting your juice." Jackson says

Scott, not knowing what He is talking about and overwhelmed by his intimidating demeanor, looks at him blankly.

"What?"

Jackson repeats what he just said in a mockingly slow tone of voice, emphasizing every syllable as though Scott is stupid.

"Where. Are. You. Getting. Your. Juice?"

Scott blinks earnestly, still not understanding the question.

"My mom and my sister do all the grocery shopping." He says

Jackson, thinking Scott is messing with him, is radiating with anger at this point, though he tries to keep his cool.

"Now, listen, McCall-- you're gonna tell me exactly what it is and who you're buying it from, because there's no way in hell you're out there kicking ass on the field like that without some sort of chemical boost." He says

Scott finally understands what Jackson's talking about as his eyes widen in realization.

"Oh, you mean steroids!" He asks. Scott frowns as he considers Jackson's argument. "Are you on steroids?" He asks again

Jackson loses his patience and his temper as he shoves Scott against the locker and pins him there.

"What the hell is going on with you, McCall???" He says angrily.

Scott, who is already under a lot of stress due to his current situation, ends up answering Jackson's question honestly.

"What's going on with me? You really wanna know? Well, so would I! Because I can see, hear, and smell things that I shouldn't be able to see, hear, and smell. I do things that should be impossible, I'm sleepwalking three miles into the middle of the woods, and I'm pretty much convinced that I'm totally out of my freaking mind!"

Jackson, still under the mistaken belief that Scott is mocking him, sneers angrily at his teammate.

"You think you're funny, don't you, McCall? I know you're hiding something. I'm gonna find out what it is. I don't care how long it takes."

Jackson angrily pounds his fist against the locker right by Scott's right ear for emphasis before smacking him hard on the shoulder and walking away, leaving a very overwhelmed Scott behind.

- BEACON HILLS HIGH SCHOOL -

On the high school LACROSSE FIELD, Scott is preparing to go on the field for try-outs when Stiles frantically runs up to talk to him.

"Scott! Scott, wait up."

"Stiles, I'm playing the first elimination, man. Can it wait?"

Scott tries to walk away, but Stiles grabs him by the shoulders and looks him in the eyes.

"Just hold on, okay? I overheard my dad on the phone. The fiber analysis came back from the lab in L.A. They found animal hairs on the body from the woods!" He continues

"Stiles, I gotta go."

Scott, distracted by the prospect of making first line, picks up his lacrosse stick and helmet before jogging onto the field.