[12.6: last ] CODE BREAKER: act six

- HALE HOUSE -

Argent's eyes whip from shadow to shadow as Kate steps near him. He glances to his daughter.

"Get out of here. Run."

Something blurs past him. His gun clatters to the ground. An instant later his body falls next to it, unconscious.

Allison screams. But then knocks backward, a blur hurtling in front of her, knocking her compound bow right out of her hands and across the yard.

Scott darts forward, but his feet lift off the ground. In a flash, he's tumbling to the leaves with a pained cry.

Alycia and Kate are the only ones standing.

Kate whips her gun around, eyes searching.

"Come on..." Kate fires into the shadows. "Come on!"

She spins as Peter appears right next to her, grabbing her wrist. Gun firing round after round, he simply twists her arm up with his superior strength.

Kate screams as Peter breaks her arm. Pulling the weapon out of her hand he lifts her off her feet and drags her back toward the house.

"No--" Allison mutters running after them, charging up the steps and into the house.

- HALE HOUSE -

Allison stops short inside, glancing about in the darkness. Breath held, she steps past the stairwell to find Peter holding Kate in front of him by the fireplace in the charred living room. His fingers press to her throat, right at her larynx.

"She's beautiful, Kate. She looks like you. Probably not as damaged. So i'm going to give you a chance to save her. Apologize. Say your sorry for decimating my family. For leaving me burned and broken for six years. Say it and i'll let her live."

Allison and Kate connect eyes.

"I'm... I'm sorry."

Peter nods. Then presses his fingers tighter into Kate's throat. And with the sound of tearing flesh, his claws protract, sticking right into Kate's neck.

Allison shrieks as Peter pulls his hand away covered in blood. Kate's body falls and as she falls, images flash into her mind, given to her in the same way Peter gave pieces of his life to Scott and how Jackson culled bits of Derek's experiences.

And every image she sees is a face screaming out through black smoke and fire.

Kate falls dead to the floor.

"I don't know about you, Allison, but that apology? It just didn't sound very sincere." Claws out, he starts toward her.

Fabric tearing under his expanding body, the black coat falls away. Pants ripping at the seams as the skin darkens underneath.

Until finally, Allison stares up in horror at a seven foot creature standing in front of her. But the Alpha pauses when he hears a growl.

Turning, he finds Scott slowly rising from the darkness, lifting his head to reveal he's transformed.

Another growl sends the red eyes turning to Derek who, stepping into the light, is also shifted and ready to attack.

The two werewolves circle the Alpha, crouching low, moving in synchronicity. And for the first time, Derek and Scott seem like part of the same pack.

They launch into the air, attacking in the same instant. But Peter is prepared. He sends Derek hurtling into one wall and Scott into the next.

Allison falls back, debris flying, wood splintering. She moves for the door, crawling outside of the house as Alycia, who just now reached the door, helps her out.