Cities

My eyes open wide as I look around me in panic. After a while I calm down and my rapidly beating heart slows down. Nightmare. I'm confused because I should've gotten used to them by now.

I'm placed in a small bed in what looks to be a cabin. A fire is burning in an old fireplace a couple of meters away and it spreads a calming warmth in the quiet room. I watch the flames dance around the wood a moment before I continue to look around. The room is barely furnished and except from the bed and the fireplace there's just a wooden table and two chairs. Everything is made up of dark wood. Weird, considering the hyper technology they use in the cities.

The cities? Oh no. I shouldn't be in a house. No no no. A house means connection to a city. I look around frantically for my shoes as I get up from the bed. Oh no no no. There's no windows in the house and the only light comes from the now dying fireplace, my old shoes are no where to be seen. I can feel the panic coming back, taking over my self control and making me neurotic. I clench my fists, I hate not having control. My hands shake violently as I continue to look, fumbling under the bed.

Not the cities. Not the cities. Not the cities.