Brandon

As soon as I leave the cabin with my few belongings I start to run. After a while my feet get numb but I keep going, I may be weaker than before but all of my cardio training seems to be maintained. I must've been running at a steady pace for at least 20 minutes when I see the boy again. He seems to be out hunting, but right now he lays on his back with his eyes closed, resting. His golden blond hair is spread around his head like a sun. I know that he saved me, but I can't take any risks. Don't leave witnesses to your existence. You cannot be remembered by someone who can report you.

I approach slowly, eyes glued to the boy. I know that I'm worryingly weak, but I should be able to take him down easy. My feet almost float over the grass, leaving nothing but small footprints behind. My presence is nothing but a shadow, and that's what it's supposed to be like. I'm now just a couple of meters away, and I can see his eyelids flicker. He's dreaming. Not nightmares like me, but a good dream, he's almost smiling. Well at least it will end peacefully, and weirdly, knowing that kind of comforts me.

Just as I reach for my devoted knife the boy flinch, and before I'm able to drag it, he got me pinned to the soft ground. My eyes widen. I'm fast, I should've been able to take the knife before he reached me. I must be very slow due to the lack of food, or he's very very fast. I rather say he's fast.

He got my hands pinned over my head, holding them with one of his, as he reaches for my knife with the other. I try to force my arms out of his hard grip, but it's impossible. I may be effective and have good technique, but I've never been strong. I swear through my teeth and look with fierce at him. He's going trough my pockets now, looking for other weapons, without result.

"You only got one knife?" He asks.
I laugh cold.
"If I didn't, would I tell you?"
He shrugs.
"Probably not."
"That's right."
"Oh right, Brandon."
"Ok."
I couldn't care less. Why would he even introduce himself? He sits above me looking down into my eyes with a confused look. His eyes run over my face and a small wrinkle takes shape between his eyebrows. I look intensely at him, studying every move. Suddenly, he stands up. He's still holding my knife in his hand, but why should he set me free? I get up and we stand face to face, still looking at each other. He gives me a weak smile as he shakes his head at my confusion. Then he walk towards me. I glance at him, suspicious, as he hands me the knife with a gracious movement. He's obliviously familiar with using knives, and must be thinking that a little girl like me won't be a threat. Stupid. I hesitate for just a second, before I take the knife from his hand and throw it back at him in one smooth movement.