Frozen

Of all the things I've learnt through the years, why did I not learn about this? It simple; even if it's always hot, it can snow and be colder than you think if you're high up. Well, there's not much to do about it now.

I can't feel my finger or toes anymore, and my hair is stiff and full of snow. I haven't really checked on Brandon, but he chose to come with me, not the other way around. Still, I'm not able to hear him anymore because of the heavy snowfall, and I have to admit that he helps me more than he slows me down. So I turn around, looking down the mountainside.

A weak stutter escapes my lips. There's nothing but white and more white behind me. It's not like I've walked fast? This snow makes it almost impossible to even get anywhere. But this is my chance, actually. I turn around again and continue walking up the mountain. I had doubts considering his presence, and it seems like the world have decided for me. I should be alone.

A sudden feeling of regret overwhelms me. He hasn't done anything wrong, and he did save me. Twice. Before my mind even finishes the though of going back down, my body have turned and started to walk. The snow pinched my bare face like tiny, but sharp, needles as I stumble downhill, looking around me for anything that isn't snow or stone. A cold feeling is spreading in my chest, not from the cold surroundings and the snow, but from my inside. I ignore it, blaming it on the cold either way.

"Brandon?"
My voice is nothing but a weak call in the wind.
"Brandon?"
I keep walking back, looking around me. The cold inside me is colder than the snow. I'll never find him in this weather. The snowfall is heavy and a constantly increasing wind makes the flakes fall fast in a diagonal line. My fingers have gone from being red to horrifying white, and I'm barely able to bend them, even the slightest. Don't waste your time doing anything worthless. It's the first time in over a day that I get a flashback again. But it does make sense. If I keep looking, I might die, and it's not worth it dying for someone that's probably already dead. I don't even know him.

"Brandon!" I scream.
My weak and cold voice is caught and drowned by the howling wind; I could have whispered and it wouldn't be any difference.
"Brandon!"

No answer. The unfriendly mountain laughs at my tries, letting its hard wind scream in my ears, and its snow blind me, showing me its greatness and superiority.

Stop wasting your time.