Moving On Up

Moving On Up

It's a Monday morning, and everyone knows this is the worst day of the week; my thoughts don't differ from anyone else's. The weekend hadn't been so great; I had an unexpected urge to clean the whole place from top to bottom. Dusted everything, even if it didn't need to be dusted, I dusted it. Next I washed the floor, the counters; I even cleaned the sticky spot that's been in the fridge for a couple of months-basically everything. I re-arranged my living room five times only to decide that I liked it the way it was first. And that was only Saturday morning-having super speed isn't so bad. After lunch I decided to Pay Claire a visit, that wasn't so bad. We talked for a while, she brought up that I should get a pet. When I asked her why she said I seemed rather lonely at the apartment. I thought it over even though I already knew I wasn't going to agree. I told her that I leave unexpectedly and don't have the time to take care of a pet.

After I left her house I took a shower and had planned to sit and watch TV but I just couldn't sit still. I went to the book store then and was looking in the section about expecting. Almost every lady I saw had smiled at me and asked how far along was she. I gave them a smile back and told them about six weeks. Another lady had said that she wished her man would go out and get a parenting book. Show her that he was serious about the relationship. I just nodded my head and smiled. 'If they only knew, what would they say then?'

I find some interesting books and buy them. (I still haven't started them yet) By the time I got back it was a little later and I was able to start dinner. After that I took another shower to keep myself busy-my water bill is going to be high-and to waste time. After that I figured it would be okay to lie down and rest. Bad move, thirty minutes later I woke back up because of a dream. It consisted of Wesker and me on a family picnic with about ten kids. I hope these dreams aren't trying to tell me something, because there is no way I'm having ten kids. Not to mention that Wesker is a completely different person in my dreams.

Getting back to the point, Saturday had been rough. Sunday wasn't any better. I realized that I had forgotten to sweep and vacuum. Yay, that kept me busy for about five minutes. When that was done I had made this huge breakfast before I could stop myself. I was the only one going to eat it and I had made enough for five people easy. The dishes had to be done then so I guess I can't complain that much since it did occupy my mind. After that I had went for a stroll in the park-every time I saw a baby in a stroller I'd discreetly rub my stomach and smile a little. When I got back I had lunch-for one person- and cleaned those dishes as well. I had wanted to read some of the books but that wasn't going to happen with all the energy I had. Sunday soon ended and now here I am. At work sitting behind my desk and filling out paper work. I hadn't really thought about it but I sort of figured out why I was so restless the whole weekend. It was because I didn't want any time to think.

XxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxX

Later after I get home from work I'm able to really relax. I grab an orange and sit down on the couch glad to be able to watch TV without getting antsy. I don't watch the news that much it just depresses me. I'm thinking that's because I'm pregnant and these are just hormones or whatever. I flick through until I come to a movie. It seems interesting enough so I leave it on and settle back into the couch.

'This is nice'

'Yeah, I'm kind of glad that I'm not on any missions. I missed being able to relax at home.'

Nothing more is said after that which is fine with me.

After the movie ends I get up and stretch, I toss my orange peels in the garbage. I head to the bathroom and brush my teeth. I steal a glance at myself, nothing different. I figured my face would look different since I was pregnant.