The Naming Process

The Naming Process

He just stood there for what seemed like forever. Zhane had frozen in place and so did I. The only movement came from the puppy who had hid when he heard the loud noise. He was now coming out from behind a box and growling at Wesker. He kept barking and clawing at his boots.

He stares down at the puppy, and when he notices he's being watched he backs up a little but he doesn't stop barking.

'He's going to kill my dog.'

'He wouldn't do that.'

I.S. tries to sound sure of himself but I can tell he isn't.

Wesker seems to snap out of his daze but he still hasn't lowered the gun.

"Redfield, if you have gotten your self caught again you are a pretty poor excuse for a soldier"

Asshole. I glare at him and stand up from the chair-when my shirt falls down and rubs against the gel I grimace.

I take a couple steps towards him and pull the puppy away placing him behind me I stand back up.

"No Wesker, I did not get caught again." I slam my fist in to his face. It knocks him back into the wall-not hard enough to do any real damage.

"Don't wreck my house. If you two are going to fight do it some where else, then again I don't think you should be fighting in the first place."

I face back around to Zhane who has a serious expression on his face. He doesn't seem that concerned anymore about the fact that he had a gun aimed at his head. Though I know he is right about not fighting.

"That was a cheap shot Chris."

Wesker replies getting up off the wall. He rubs his chin lightly before yanking back his fist.

"WAIT" I shout and hold up my hands, miracously he pauses.

"What?" he growls between clenched teeth.

"I have to tell you something."

He sighs, but lowers his fist slightly.

"I have already come to that conclusion when you told me to wait." He is getting annoyed and that isn't good.

"Well, I uh- I have to show you." I scratch the back of my head nervously.

He straightens up and pulls his jacket a little then his hand goes to the bridge of his nose-raising the glasses slightly- and he rubs it.

"Fine show me." His hand waves dismissively.

I let out a breath I didn't even know I was holding. I turn back to Zhane who hasn't left his spot behind the chair. My puppy whines a little and I bend down to pet him. I stand back up and sit in the chair pulling up my shirt as I go.

He raises an eyebrow but nothing more.

"Alright show him."

Zhane quickly nods and puts more gel on before grabbing the probe and locating the babies.

"Here"

Wesker walks a little closer, and stares at the monitor.

"What am I looking at?"

The tension get's a little higher when no one makes a move to speak. I muster up the courage to tell him.

"Those are your kids."

I said it barley above a whisper but I know he heard me, he has impressive hearing.

But just to make sure I ask him, "Did you hea-"