The Take-Away (As Told by Milo)

Well...That was very dramatic for me.  I didn't even think I'd be able to take it as far as to Mr. Phoebus, but that's what happened.  I figured, since it's a story about me, I ought to tell you what the take-away is myself.

Here it is: Speak Up!  Don't be afraid to, we all learned this a long time ago.  A bully is a coward and they count on you being too scared.  That's what bullying is about: power.  Bullying is when your power is taken and speaking up is taking that power back.  That's what I did with Hans.  When Hans told me I was being a "snitchy crybaby" by reporting him to Mr. Phoebus, that's what he was doing.  He was trying to make me regret telling on him.  But, with just an email, I took my power back from him.

Here's a secret: I'm not bragging, but after a couple months of him not really doing anything, he decided to go cyberbully.  I got targeted first, then Eric, then Kristoff, and so forth.  In the library, Kristoff and I face-timed Eric and we got together an idea: Operation Silent Witness.  We would stop Hans this time by reporting his acts of cyberbullying as silent witnesses.  All we had to do was take screenshots of moments on social media or forward emails and texts.  I was certain it would be fool proof.

We started quietly telling others about it and Mr. Phoebus soon had so many emails reporting Hans' cyberbullying, he made a folder in his inbox for it.  Then, we got to the part I wasn't expecting.  Word got to Hans and, as punishment, he was expelled.  A major storm really had passed then.  We didn't just have a calm with the dark clouds still hovering over us, the sky had cleared.  Then I began to feel really odd and so did everyone else.  But, eventually, it wore off and everyone was feeling normal again.

There's one thing we've always kept from this: someone might try to pick up where he left off.  Kida told me that the one thing we have to remember is, at one point, we were all in this together.  Honestly, I really couldn't agree more.

THE END.