chapter five

author's notes:

not y'all getting me to 300 reads!! thanks again guys <3

[song- control by halsey]

I hadn't said a word since breakfast. Kira noticed my sudden quietness and looked at me concerned.

"Hey, are you okay? You've been quiet since we practically entered the dining hall." She zipped up her bag and turned to me. We all went back to our rooms to get our books for school.

"I'm okay, just a little tired." I smiled softly at her.

"Oh okay. You're not feeling home-sick or anything?"

I laughed at the absurdity. "Of course not."

She nodded and mounted her bag onto her back. "Let's get going."

She mentioned that everyone was waiting for us in the central commune. We turned into multiple dim-lit corridors before Ryan joined us. A black gym back in hand. We walked in silence until we emerged from the dark and into the bright commune.

"Finally. Took you guys long enough." Tristan complained.

"Oh shut up." Kira rolled her eyes. "Where's Percy? Is he bunking?"

"Nah, he said we can go ahead without him. He'll join us later."

She hummed in response and started walking ahead of us with Ryan. Suddenly a heavy arm is swung over my shoulder.

"So, pretty lady." Blake started off.

"Pretty lady?" I looked up at him confused.

"Try again, Blake. You're not the first person to call her pretty today." Ryan called out.

"Who beat me to it?" He pouted .

"Henry." She laughed.

"Are you kidding me? That guy's always a step ahead of me." He muttered. "Whatever, doesn't make you any less prettier."

"Thanks?"

"Are you asking me or telling me?" He questioned with an amused smile.

"Both?" I offered.

He let out a loud laugh. "You're funny. And pretty. I like you. Guys I like her." He announced.

"You like everyone." Tristan grumbled and pushes open the transparent door to the front entrance of the school.

The weight of Blake's arm was lifted off my shoulders. Blake squealed and pulled Tristan into a forced hug.

"That includes you right?" He grinned at him.

Tristan simply rolled his eyes, much like his sister, and sighed. "Get off me, Blake."

"No." He gave Tristan a big kiss on the cheek.

"You're disgusting." Tristan growled and shoved him off.

"But you love me."

"Whatever." He murmured.

"Was that a yes? Oh my fuck that was a yes." He said excitedly. "Did you all hear that? Tristan Wood just admitted to loving me, everyone." He suddenly exclaimed loudly making everyone within earshot turn to us, confused.

"I did not!" Tristan said to everyone. "Ignore him he's delusional. Carry on with your morning guys."

Reluctantly, they all went back to their conversations. All the girls were in the same uniform. The boys wore the same colors only with black slacks. Everyone looked the same. They all looked expensive. Flashy jewelry hung from their necks and wrists. Designer purses and shoes were worn. Car keys belonging to pricey cars were swung carelessly from manicured fingers. This was their territory. They all belonged - not a single one of them looked out of place.