Chapter 31: Isen, Are You Gay?

Lmao. Ran out of chapter title ideas ^^

"I can assure you that Luana will not climb the ranks like John did," Seraphina said, patting Olivia's shoulder. "Even if she does, the result won't be the same because everyone already knows her ability." She sighed. "Look, I know you might be a bit shaken after everything that's happened, but there's really nothing to be concerned about. If Luana decides to cause trouble again, I'll be able to stop her."

Olivia frowned. Trouble was inevitable at this point. Luana was already getting dethroned. But by rubbing salt in the wound like this, her anger would only rise, and that meant more people getting hurt.

"Okay, hear me out," Isen said slowly. "Say Luana does start climbing the ranks, like John did last year. Brutalizing the Royals, instilling fear in the students." He shuddered. "Even if we do end up stopping her, the aftermath would be a huge pain in the ass to deal with. I don't think we want a repeat of last year's events, with the fake Jokers and all that shit."

"Fake jokers?" Olivia queried. She'd heard the words being thrown around before.

Isen waved his arm around. "Long story short, after John took down all the Royals, a bunch of vengeful students took advantage of Joker's anonymity by running around school in masks and terrorizing the rest of the student body. It took weeks of work for us to terminate."

Olivia nodded slowly. Although it was unlikely something exactly like this could happen again with Luana, there was no doubt that something would happen, and Olivia didn't want to stick around to find out. She turned to look at Seraphina, who appeared to be in deep thought.

"Sera, I get that you're demoting her, but keeping Remi as Jack is bound to make some people unhappy. It's going against the rules of the hierarchy, after all. Even if Luana doesn't go full-out Joker mode, she's probably gonna take her anger out in some form or another, and we'd be left to deal with the repercussions. You're playing with fire here."

"Hm, alright," Seraphina said thoughtfully. "You guys do have a point. Don't want to tempt fate. I'll let her be Jack then."

Olivia stopped. "Wait, really?"

Seraphina nodded. "But I'll set up a meeting with Blyke and Remi to discuss this. It's only fair that they have a say on the matter. And I suppose Luana could tag along too."

"Having Luana there isn't gonna make things any easier," Olivia quipped. "I mean, she punched me in the face last time because things didn't go the way she wanted. You'd be better off excluding her from this meeting."

Seraphina shrugged. "Fair enough."

Olivia let out an inward sigh of relief, before turning to look at Elaine.

"This is the best I can do for now, Isen," the healer said, standing up. "Your injury was pretty deep. Just make a pit stop to the infirmary tomorrow and get some bandages. Oh, and try not to move your head too much, alright?"

"Yeah, yeah," Isen said, standing up and feeling his head. "Thanks for the help, Elaine."

"No problem!" she smiled a little, before turning around and glancing at the unconscious forms of the school press members. "Looks like I still have quite a bit of work to do, huh?" She sighed. "Why don't you guys get going? It's almost seven."

"Alright," Seraphina responded. "Thanks for the help, Elaine. We'll see you tomorrow."

They waved goodbye to Elaine and headed out of the school building to the dorms. The three of them trudged along in a sort of awkward silence. Isen was unusually quiet. He stared off into the distance with his hands in his pockets while Seraphina appeared to be in deep thought.