Chapter 11: Getting Some Answers

"Dude, you ask way too many questions. I gotta start on my homework," Blyke said, walking off. "I'll see you tomorrow."

The hell...?

"Hey. Hey!" Olivia shouted as she scrambled to get her backpack and sprinted after Blyke, huffing. "You can't just leave like that! I want to know what happened to him! Why isn't he here anymore?"

"...I don't know."

Olivia paused. "Uh...no elaboration?"

"Ugh, will you--"

"No, I won't! I want to get to the bottom of this, and you keep leaving me hanging!"

God, I'm acting like a bitchy five-year-old but this dude is driving me insane.

"What good is this information to you? It's not like anything can be changed," Blyke said.

Olivia glared at him. "This information is essential. I want to know why this school doesn't follow Rei's principles anymore."

That made Blyke stop. "Rei? Where'd you get that from?"

"Remi told me. He's her brother right? The one who...you know, passed?" Olivia added.

"And what does this have to do with John?"

"It has everything to do with John. Remi told me how he tried to limit violence in this school by convincing everyone to get along with each other. Which makes total sense! But when I asked her why his system didn't last, she told me it was John's fault. Which also makes sense, from what you've told me."

Blyke paused. He appeared to be deep in thought. "Well, I suppose it was somewhat his fault. But more of Arlo's."

Arlo? Wasn't he the King dude before John? Did he have a connection with Rei?

"So tell me about Arlo."

Blyke sighed. "What do you want to know about him?"

"Everything. How he ran the school, what he did, but most importantly, his relationship with Rei." Olivia crossed her arms and smiled at Blyke. "Spill the tea."

Blyke sat down on one of the benches, Olivia taking a seat on the other side. He opened his mouth and began talking.

"Well, you see, I had a chat with Arlo a while ago. That was when he told me about Rei's rule and its many flaws. According to him, Rei screwed up the hierarchy because he wanted everyone to treat each other with respect."

That's exactly what we're lacking right now. Respect for others. If everybody respected one another, bullying wouldn't be a problem anymore.

"Rei attempted to restrict violence by asking strong students to be lenient with the weak, and for the weak to reach for the sky. But all that did was hurt the pride of high-ranks and give low-ranks a false sense of security.

"When Rei graduated, everything he built up backfired. The high-ranks rejected everything he left behind and refused to follow Arlo, their new leader. None of them cooperated. Everyone attacked each other without regard for anything, not even for rank. Low-tiers didn't understand their limits and always fought back, only to get seriously injured."

"Arlo had to rebuild from scratch. He had to restore everything back to the way it used to work, which meant reestablishing the hierarchy. Damn, I still can't believe how he managed to put the entire school back in order!" Blyke said as he ruffled his fluffy red hair.

"...gee, I didn't know Rei's rule could've backfired so severely," Olivia finally said, thinking. "But what I can't seem to understand is why Arlo didn't run the school the same way Rei did. Sure, Rei's reign backfired on him, but he was able to keep it up for the entire duration of his term! And Arlo, having worked so closely with him, was probably aware of the faults of Rei's rule and could've spent his time improving on them! Why would he decide to change everything up like that?"

"Well, I wasn't there at the time, but from what Arlo told me, the school was a complete mess. There was absolutely no unity. Everyone just did whatever the hell they wanted on their own accord."

So everything was fixed because of this thing called hierarchy. What even is hierarchy? Something like that never existed in my old school...

Olivia sighed. As much as she wanted to ask Blyke about it, she realized how much she was pestering him. She didn't want to bother him with yet another question. With that, she quickly got up and swung her backpack over her shoulder. "Thanks for the info Blyke. I'll see you later then, I guess?"

Blyke nodded. "See ya."

As Olivia was walking to her dorm, she suddenly realized.

Sh!t. Blyke never told me what happened to John! I think he was purposefully avoiding that topic! But why? Was what happened to John really that bad?

As Olivia stepped into her dorm room, Remi immediately opened her door and waved at Olivia. However, the smile on her face immediately disappeared when she saw the state of her friend.

"Olivia...! Your uniform is all ripped up! What happened to you?"

"Oh...I had a match with Blyke."

"Ooh, the match!" Remi remembered. "So how'd it go?"

"It was a tie. Both of us didn't want to escalate it anymore."

"That makes sense." She nodded. "I'll be in my room working. Call if you need me!"

With that, the pink-haired girl closed the door. Olivia stood there staring in the hallway like an idiot. A flurry of thoughts were rushing through her mind. Should I ask Remi about John? But she seemed so uncomfortable during lunch. Blyke...well, I obviously shouldn't bother him again. Who else can I ask??

"AHA!" Olivia suddenly shouted.

Isen! Of course! The funny dude with that weird hair! Why did I not think of that sooner? But where can I find him?

Olivia tapped her foot as she thought. Remi said he was the leader of the press team, didn't she? She also showed her to the press room yesterday. Wouldn't hurt to check it out... Olivia thought as she quickly set her backpack down on her bed and took off, determined to find the orange-haired boy.

Author's Note: 

AHHH SO SORRY FOR THE LATE UPDATE!! I had a busy week and was rushing to get this next chapter done! I've decided that from now on, in order to make sure something like this doesn't happen again, I'll be updating just on Fridays. This way, everyone can expect a chapter that day (and not at 10:30pm either lol) I hope this will make it easier for both of us :3

On the other note, we hit 1K views this week! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! Words cannot express how grateful I am for you guys (ya I know so cliche but I CAN'T HELP IT)

Look out for the next chapter and stay safe everyone!! :D

- An ecstatic taco :)