Chapter 6

"To look into my eyes and lie,

Is courage.

But to think I believed your lying words and fake smiles,

Your foolishness.

....................................................

Her heart was rapidly beating in her chest as she drove towards David's house.

Her eyes falling on the piece of paper placed on the passenger seat.

Vincenzo will never forgive her after this, and she knows very soon he will come to know about this.

Tears leaked her eyes, making the road look hazy.
Why does love hurt so much?

She never thought she will fall in love,especially with a person like Vince.
He was cold, distant and arrogant inially but slowly she came to know of his hidden side.

The side he keeps protected and unseen.

From who you ask?
From people like her, who break hearts and are a disgrace to the 4 letter word ,love.

Her hands were tied in this situation.
It was her brother over her love for Vince.
And no matter what, she can't be selfish.

Her journey was interrupted when she saw two cars following her.
Having learned driving in just last 2 months, she was still a learner.

The cars, instead of overtaking , drove parallel to her.
Making her hands to tremble and heart to explode.

Before she could do much, one car hits her intentionally and next she knows, her car diverted from the road and collided with a tree.

Her senses numbed all of a sudden as she felt glass shards showered over her.
Warm liquid was running down her forehead and she struggled with the door handle to get out.

The men surrounded the car, one of them pulled the door open and harshly dragged her out from the car.
The other one pulled out the papers with a victorious smile.

She knew they were stronger.
She can't fight them, but she has to survive.

Looking around she found herself near one of Vince's warehouses.
Hope sparked and she managed to run as the men looked busy scanning the papers.

She heard Vince talking in the morning, she was sure he was here.
Looking back, she saw them following her now.
Shouting at her to stop.

Making her to increase her pace instead

Her lungs were burning but she refused to stop.
The warehouse gates only few meters away.

Surprisingly, she found the men slowing down.
Making her to relax a bit.

Opening the big doors, she rushed in ,in search of those black eyes and brown hair.
His big frame and black tuxedo separating him from others present there.

He was busy talking with someone, his eyes fixed on the bags in front of them.
Sighing in relief, she ran and engulfed him from behind.

Making his body to go stiff all of a sudden.

" Thank God! Thank God you are here Vince! I was so scared...they...they tried to kill me.."

He refused to turn, his hands fisting as she placed her cheeks on his back.
The man he was talking to was dismissed with just a stare and soon the men following her entered the warehouse.

He finally turned around, and she desperately climbed to him for safety.
Her grip tight while he stood there, stoic like a statue.

Instead of looking at her, he started at the two men behind her with anger.