chapter 1

┌─── ∘°❉°∘ ───┐
welcome back, please leave soon
└─── °∘❉∘° ───┘

Her sketchbook was a mess. It was lying on the dressing table, while she was just staring at it. She didn't look at the mirror only at the book. She hated all the mirrors because she always saw a stranger in them. She was nervous although she didn't show it. She loved that sketchbook and always took care of it. Even if she ruined a page with too harsh drawing or with a painting, she always managed to keep it on that one page. Now...Now it was more than 5 pages. All dirty, torn and crumpled.

Soyeon, I'm off to work. - yelled her grandmother from somewhere outside. - Don't be late for school!

Before she could've even replied, the front door closed with a loud bang. Not like her grandma would actually expect her to say anything. To the adult, it was like every morning, nothing special. At least she remembered that the girl goes to school today after a long time. Back to her old school.

Soyeon sighed and slowly closed her sketchbook, promising herself she will try to fix those pages. She got up from the chair, took her bag, and while she was putting on her shoes she went through what she needed to do. The first and most important thing was to talk to Han Seojun and Lee Suho.

✦✦✦

The class was loud as usual. Everyone was chatting and laughing, no one even heard the bell ring. Even when their homeroom teacher, Han Joonwoo entered they didn't notice him. He wasn't surprised by it so he just smiled looking at the cheerful students.

- Good morning everyone! Please sit down. - he spoke up so all of them could hear him.

A sad murmur went through the whole class as they realized the lesson is about to begin. Slowly everyone walked to their place and sat down. Nobody was absent, but one seat was still empty. That desk wasn't even there before, and many of the students noticed. It wasn't hard to figure out they'll have a new classmate. Most of them were excited. First, they got Jugyeong which raised the beauty average in their class, and they were hoping that another angel-like girl joining.

- Okay, the first thing we need to do today is... - started the teacher. - Welcome our new, or should I say old, classmate. Yoon Soyeon, come in.

He turned towards the door with a warm smile waiting for the girl. As the class heard the name, the relatively quiet talking suddenly became screaming and cheering. And when the girl stepped in, it was just getting louder and louder so Mr. Han had to ask them to be quiet because they are going to be heard in the next classroom. A lot of them smiled and waved at the girl, shouting at her saying 'welcome back'. But there were a couple of students who looked at her with sad eyes. They all knew what she had been through, and they respected her because she was able to come back to school. One person was completely lost. Lim Jugyeong just joined their class so she had no idea that Soyeon was their classmate before but went to study in the States for a year.
And there were two people who barely forget how to breathe. Lee Suho and Han Seojun were sitting in their places, eyes wide and mouths open from the shock. They were literally frozen, not knowing how they should react. Should they be happy too? Should they be sad? Or...