chapter 2

┌─── ∘°❉°∘ ───┐
fighting over talking
└─── °∘❉∘° ───┘

Soyeon usually didn't get into fights. She was the kind of person that ignores everyone if they talking bullshit. But this never meant that she didn't know how to protect herself. She has grown up with a brother, she had to learn how to deal with others. In the past, she didn't really need to use that knowledge because of her overprotective twin but after what happened, she was alone...

- I hope you won't get in trouble because of that slap. - said Soojin as the two girls walked towards the canteen.

- Look who's talking. - responded Yoon Soyeon with a small smile.

Kang Soojin was everyone's girl crush. She was smart, top of the class. She was beautiful without makeup or without even trying. And she had always helped and protected everyone from the bullies, even if she had to fight. Everyone loved and respected her.
And because the Kang girl used to fight, she shouldn't be the one who tells Soyeon off.

- I didn't say you shouldn't have done it. - pointed out the essence. - I just don't want you to get into trouble on the first day. You're granny will freak out.

- Ah, my granny! - realized Soyeon.

The other started laughing at her friend, seeing her expression. She didn't see her for a year, but the girl didn't treat her differently. They talked like the last time they met was yesterday. Soojin didn't ask her to tell what happened while she was in LA, and she didn't ask her how is she doing. She knew better than that. If the Yoon girl wanted to tell her something she will, and Soojin would never force her. On the other side, Soyeon didn't ask anything either. She didn't want to know how did people react to Seyeon's death and her leaving. But she was curious about what happened to her friend while she was away, so she promised herself that she will ask Kang Soojin to do a sleepover. Soojin's father was one of the worst parental figures and Soyeon wanted to know if everything is okay with the girl. She was one of the few people that knew about the father who used to hit his daughter.

As they stepped into the canteen the loudness immediately hit them. They approached the food table in the middle and both of them got a tray, then started to get their food. Until Soyeon didn't notice two familiar people and froze in her move.

Lee Suho was standing on the other side of the food table, a tray in his hand. Han Seojun was right next to him with a hostile expression. It wasn't hard to figure out they were fighting again. You could see that from far, only seeing their expressions, but Soyeon not only saw but heard them.

- You must be happy... - stared at the other boy Han Seojun. - Even after killing your friend.

Suho didn't answer, his expression didn't change. It couldn't be seen but his grip was getting stronger on his tray. His breathing stopped for a second, but he didn't do anything at all. He just let Seojun blame him. Like he always did.

Fucking bastard.

That was Soyeon's first thought. She said it clearly earlier, no one should talk about his brother, or at least they should not do it in front of her. Then there was Han Seojun, doing the exact same thing she told them not to do. She knew she was being selfish. Yoon Seyeon was his brother, but he meant a lot to other people. Both Seojun and Suho were close to him, and both hated when someone mentioned their old friend, except themself. If there was a chance they never brought him up. Well, Suho did not, and Seojun just tried to quiet his anger and guilt by blaming someone else.
Soyeon understood it at that moment. She thought the two boys were still friends, but hearing that sentence explained a lot of things to her. And made a lot of things a lot easier for her...