chapter 3

┌─── ∘°❉°∘ ───┐
the art of survival
└─── °∘❉∘° ───┘

- Are you going to the studio? -  asked the boy.

- Are you following me? - asked back the girl, raising her eyebrows.

Lee Suho's eyes immediately left the girl's and he started to look around in embarrassment. He just said 'yes' with all his actions. He didn't want to keep it secret from the girl but it was also weird to him just to say it out loud, so he didn't. He wanted to talk to her so much but the words just didn't come out of his mouth. He had so many questions in his head, but he just remained silent.
Soyeon chuckled. The boy did follow her and she knew why. Suho wanted to talk things out but none of them were actually ready for it. So it just became an awkward staring contest until the girl sighted and walked past the boy.
Lee Suho slowly started to go after her, leaving a couple of meters distance between them. He knew if the girl would mind him, she would have already sent him away. Yoon Soyeon came back to the school a couple of days ago and she always felt as the boy was staring at her but they didn't even talk a word. Suho was totally different from Seojun, who just wouldn't have left her alone.

Soyeon reached the small art studio door and pulled out her key from her pocket. She knew the owner, Mrs.Min since she was like 12, and the old lady gave her the key so she can go in and paint whenever she wanted to. It was kind of a deal. She painted whatever she wanted, whenever she wanted and she could use all the equipment from the studio. And Mrs.Min could sell her paintings and drawings, and keep the money from them for all those equipment and materials.

Soyeon stepped into the studio then looked back at the frozen boy. He hesitated.

- Aren't you coming in? - she asked in the end.

- We have to talk. - Suho declared but still didn't move.

- Do you know what to say? - smirked Yoon Soyeon already knowing the answer.

He did not. Lee Suho had so much in his mind and his heart but he could say it out loud. He got so used to hiding his emotions and now it was hard for him to express those. Also, it didn't make it easier that the girl was Seyeon's sister. The girl was his friend. They knew each other still they acted like total strangers. And Suho hated it. He had never been good with people and he liked to stay with those who he knew. He just went along if an extrovert tried to be friends with him. Soyeon was this kind of extrovert. The girl approached him when he was waiting for Seyeon in their home. She was really easygoing and funny so it didn't take a long time for Suho to feel comfortable around her. It was mostly the girl who led their conversation and Suho just went along.
But compared to that, Soyeon didn't talk.

- I thought so. - she nodded. - Why don't we just talk seriously on another day? And now we could just talk...Normally?

She wasn't sure either. She changed so much compared to the girl she was when her brother was still alive. She 'close' herself in. Not letting anyone get attached to her. Not letting herself reach out to someone. She was bearing everything on her own, and it changed her so much that even she could tell the differences.
But she knew she has to get her old self back so her plan will work out.