chapter 5

┌─── ∘°❉°∘ ───┐
painful past with happy moments
└─── °∘❉∘° ───┘

The girl was walking home, thinking about whether she should stop by a shop and buy some art supplies. She just said goodbye to Seojun and his mother because the woman said they would meet an old friend and Soyeon didn't want to interrupt. Even tho Mrs.Han invited her and assured her she won't be a bother, she declined the offer. It was already afternoon and she had some homework to do. So in the end, she started to walk home but decided to go to the store.

As she stepped into the small artistic building, the smell of paint reached her nose. It didn't matter how many other things were there, the shop always smelled like paint. It wasn't big but it was so cozy. The walls were light-colored with beautiful decorations which always matched the seasons. The employees were kind and helpful but they knew when to leave a customer alone. Soyeon loved that place.
She greeted the lady who worked there then she started to pick some new brushes. She heard the bell that was hung up above the door, then a boy said hi to the lady. She didn't pay attention to him until the newcomer stepped right next to her. She looked up and she immediately recognized the boy next to her. She was shocked. Why would they meet right here?
After Soyeon stared at him for too long he also glanced at her. He was also hit by the fact that he knows the girl, so he turned to her and give her a small, soft smile.

- Welcome back.

Yoon Soyeon didn't say or do anything. She was just staring into his eyes. He was still handsome with his soft features, but with sharp eyes. He was still tall and well-built. His voice was still calm and nice. He was still the same.
Soyeon didn't know how to respond, but she didn't have to because the boy started to talk.

- Ah, Soyeon-ah, don't be like this. - pouted the boy. - We agreed we're good with each other. You know, nothing awkward feeling. I thought it was still applying for now...

- Sorry. I just didn't expect to see you here. You're not really into art. - shrugged her shoulders the girl, waiting for some kind of explanation.

- Yeah, well... - he suddenly felt embarrassed and scratched the back of his neck. - It's for my girlfriend.

Now, it was awkward.
When your ex says that he came to the shop that you showed him, to buy stuff for his new girlfriend...

Seo MinGi, Yoon Soyeon's first boyfriend. And so far the only one.

They were together for half a year before Soyeon moved to the USA. MinGi was a couple of years older but they understood each other really well. The boy liked to take pictures and the girl liked to draw and paint. Both of them were some kind of artists and they could help the other out. When Soyeon didn't know what to draw, MinGi showed her his pictures hoping he can help her to get inspiration from them. When MinGi didn't like the pictures he took, Soyeon tried to help him out by suggesting another angel or another color filter. Soyeon was clumsy and always lost her things, MinGi was well-organized and liked to keep everything in its place.
They were perfect together. Maybe too perfect.

- Want some help with it? - pointed Soyeon to the brushes with a small smile because she saw how lost MinGi was.

- I would be really thankful for that. - chuckled the boy, as he realized the girl is trying to put aside the awkwardness and be friends with him again.

- Okay, what does she need? - turned back Soyeon to examine all the choices.

- Well, you know, that's a good question. She said, she wants brushes. - he looked back at the shelf which is full of different kinds of brushes.