chapter 6

┌─── ∘°❉°∘ ───┐
wrong place, wrong time
└─── °∘❉∘° ───┘

Soyeon was drinking her banana milk as she walked across the schoolyard, to get back to her classroom. She was sleepy - as always - because she couldn't fall asleep no matter how hard she was trying. To be honest, she barely got any sleep since she was back in Korea. At first, she thought it was because of the jet lag but she started to doubt it. At this point, she was quite sure it wasn't the jet lag.

Suddenly two people ran in front of her, almost bumping into her, which made the girl frown her eyebrows. She saw one of them accidentally drop something but didn't have the time to turn back and pick it up as the other one was chasing her. As Soyeon looked at them again, she recognized the two people. It was Lim Jugyeong and Han Seojun. The girl was the one who lost her item, so Yoon Soyeon decided to pick it up and give it to her. As she glanced at the ground and reached out for the object, she realized its a key.

Jugyeong can be really clumsy sometimes.

Soyeon thought as she already saw a bunch of times when the other girl tripped, fell, hit something or someone by accident, and so on and on.
Yoon Soyeon threw out the empty milk box and walked after the fighting couple as they were still running around and when her eyes met with Lim Jugyeong's she swung the key in front of her face so the other can see.

- Oh, Soyeon has it. - shouted the browned-hair girl and pointed towards Soyeon.

Han Seojun got confused by what Jugyeong talking about and pointing at, so he turned around to see his key in the other girl's hand. And he just got more confused. How did it get there? He was chasing Lim Jugyeong and she definitely had the key before. When did the girl pass it on?

- Ya, give it to me. - he started to walk towards her.

- Why, why? You shouldn't take away things that aren't yours. - she said, still thinking that the key was Jugyeong's.

- Say that to Lim Jugyeong. - murmured the boy as he tried to grab his key but Soyeon just ran over to the other girl.

- It's actually his motorbike key. But his mom said he shouldn't ride it and asked me to keep an eye on him. - explained the situation.

His mom? Lim Jugyeong met Han Seojun's mom?
Yoon Soyeong completely lost track of what was going on, but she also knew that the boy's mother doesn't like when he rides the bike so she decided to tease him if the key was already in her hands. When she met the boy's mother the other day, she didn't say anything about Seojun still riding the bike, but she was listening to Han Seojun's mom complaining about her son not being able to leave his motorbike at home. The boy kept telling the same excuse. If he already bought it, he should use it.

- Oh, Seojun-ah you should listen to your mom. - nodded the girl with a smirk on her face.

- Aish. Give it back. - threatened her Han Seojun as he walked closer to her but Soyeon ran away. - Yah Tinkerbell!

The boy started to sprint after the thief, leaving Jugyeong behind who decided it was the perfect opportunity to get away with that, that she was the one who originally stole the key. So the brown-haired girl looked after the two people who were running around, then she slowly walked back to her class, leaving the 'crime scene'.

Yoon Soyeon couldn't stand the situation without laughing. Really laughing, not just pretending like she used to do but with her old smile that she tried to hide so badly. Seojun's face was hilarious as he tried to catch her but couldn't. For a moment, she forgot about everything that had happened. Soyeon and Seojun had always teased each other since the beginning, so in that exact moment, they were like before everything. No problems, no cold reality, just laughing and fun. Suddenly Yoon Soyeon thought, she was running away from the boy, just to meet with Seyeon and Suho, who will make fun of them for being so childish. That made her stop running.
Han Seojun almost bumped into Soyeon as the girl stopped so suddenly. He didn't understand why did she stop when she clearly had fun. Because Seojun knew. The girl was actually happy for them fooling around like this. Like they used to do. He could see it from her smile. The smile, he thought he'll never see again.