19. Naps

It had been a few days since Killian's meeting with Draco, Harry, and Severus. It had been a rough few days. A number of his classes held a test as it was halfway through the term and most of them he was also helping the twins study for. Late nights studying going even later, as he stayed up for longer once he got back to his dorm to study just a bit more. He didn't want to dangle the opportunity to expel him in front of Dumbledore because he wasn't doing well enough in his classes. Who knows what would happen if Dumbledore managed to separate him and Harry again, what it might do to his younger brother.

"Kil?" George's voice broke him from his thoughts.

"Hmm?"

"Merlin, Kil. Have you been getting any sleep? You look like you could be the Ravenclaw ghost."

"Yeah, I've been sleeping."

"Killian, how much?"

Killian stilled. He didn't want to admit to just how little he had been sleeping.

"Killian," George said, "if you're not going to answer I'm going to assume it's very little. You need to sleep. C'mon."

A hand grabbed Killian's arm and pulled him but he was too tired to argue with George. Instead, he trailed after vaguely wondering what was for dinner.

George dragged him into the Room of Requirement, this time the room held a bed rather than their normal fluffy couches and chairs. The books in Killian's hands were ripped from his grasp and he nearly yelped as George picked him up so he could gently place him on the bed.

"It's okay, George, I'll sleep later. I have to go study for my potions exam."

"Nuh uh, you're sleeping. If you tried to do potions now, you'll sooner be ending up in a hospital bed and be getting sleep there."

"That's a bit of a-"

"Not an exaggeration, Kil. You need sleep. You're dead on your feet and look like you and Professor Snape are having a competition on who can look more tired with life. I'll stay here until you fall asleep."

To say he wasn't tired would be the biggest lie of the century. As he argued with George now, he could feel his eyelids drooping. Killian sighed, lightly tugging on George's robe.

"Can you get in with me?"

George nodded. He made himself comfortable and was surprised when Killian nuzzled into his chest. He wasn't uncomfortable though. George dragged a hand through Killian's dark hair, watching as his breathing slowed. Eventually, Killian was fast asleep in his arms.

∆∆∆

Fred looked around for Killian and George. Both of them had been gone for hours with no word from either. George had missed Quidditch practice, which worried Fred and Harry, especially when both had noticed Killian was MIA as well.

The two had not looked in the Room of Requirement yet, which, in hindsight, should have been the first place for them to check. Especially since when they opened the door, they found the two curled up in a fluffy bed and sound asleep. Harry facepalmed, irritation written on his face. Fred could definitely understand where he was coming from. He patted Harry's shoulder.

"Why don't you go find Ginny, I know she wanted your help with some quidditch moves. I'll stay with them," Fred offered. Harry nodded.

"Thank you. Make sure to let them know to tell us next time they want to go nap rather than disappear on us."

Harry left with Fred's nod. Now alone, Fred got himself comfortable beside the two with his homework. George stirred slightly, cracking his eyes open to look at the newcomer. Seeing who it was, George grabbed his wrist.

"You need sleep too," George mumbled, "C'mere."

Putting away his homework once again, he slid down on the bed till his head was on the pillow. The hand on his wrist pulled him closer to George and Killian till they were all cuddled up on the bed. George fell back asleep and Fred fell asleep not long after, too comfortable to fight off the exhaustion.

∆∆∆

"Harry," Dumbledore began, "You were seen going into the Slytherin Common Room today by a fellow Gryffindor. Why have you been going to such a dangerous place at this time?"

"I- well, uh, I befriended one of the new first years, I wanted to visit her."

It wasn't necessarily a lie, he did befriend a young Slytherin named Jana but he only met her from his visits to Draco.

"Harry, most of that house has people out to get you. You really shouldn't be doing something so dangerous with Voldemort about," Dumbledore said, a glint of something unfamiliar in his eye.

He didn't know how he ended up in this situation. He had left his brother behind with his mates in search of Ginny when Dumbledore had come and whisked him away for questioning.

"My boy, why do I feel like you're not telling the truth?" Dumbledore asked.

"What do you mean?" Oh, this was going poorly.

"Minerva," Dumbledore turned to the woman who seemed uncomfortable in the room, "Fetch me Granger and Weasley."

"Right away, Dumbledore."

Harry thought she seemed even more in edge but also a bit relieved upon leaving the room.

"While we wait, why don't you tell me about that young Slytherin?"

Harry pondered his choices for a moment. If he lied, Dumbledore would know as Headmaster to the school. If he told the truth, he would know that Harry was no longer a malleable pawn. Half truth's seemed the best bet.

"Jana is a half-blood, she wasn't doing too well with discrimination and she fled where I then met her in the library."

Half truths. She was a half-blood and she did face discrimination, but not by her own house. She had run crying to the library after being harassed by some Gryffindor second years. Harry and Draco had found her. Draco had approached her first, assuring her that Harry wouldn't bring her harm. It was upsetting, really. All because he was revered as the Boy Who Lived and was a Gryffindor, this small eleven-year-old shrank away from him. She warmed up to him though in his frequent visits.

Dumbledore nodded, seemingly in understanding.

"She sounds like a lovely girl."

Hermione and Ron entered a few seconds later with McGonagall.

"Is something the matter?" Hermione asked. She seemed very calm for the situation.

"Oh, just something that Harry said. Is it true he befriended a girl named Jana?"

"That sweet little first year!" Ron said happily, though the smile was strained.

"Just making sure. Be sure to make sure he doesn't get in trouble visiting her."

"Of course, sir," Hermione said. They were released and each of them fell to their knees once far enough away.

"That was frightening," Ron muttered.

"Agreed," Hermione and Harry said.