33. Visits

Remus had joined the group heading for the elven Lands as he was close with his parents. He and Nico were talking quietly, bringing up the rear of the group. Killian's other two parental figures were leading the group across a meadow heading right towards the base of a mountain. Harry wore the outfit that Killian had gifted him and he had his glamour down, his red hair in fishtail braid down his back. He gripped Killian's hand nervously as Raelyn walked forward from the halted group at the opening of a large cave. She walked forward, the rest of the group staying back.

That's when Harry noticed the armored guard. The elf looked them over and nodded to Raelyn with an air of familiarity.

"You're good," the elf spoke, stepping aside to reveal a wall of vines. Quietly, the vines drew apart to reveal an opening. Elves were milling about everywhere. The place rang with the familiarity of a train station but at the same time everything was different. There was a stone pathway where people waited for what Harry assumed to be a train. Elven words were glowing green in the air, counting down the time until the next train and it's destination.

Harry and Remus's jaws dropped. One elf scurried past, talking rapid latin into a headset. In contrast, another meandered lazily by, as if they had all the time in the world with earbuds in, blasting music the group couldn't hear and wiggling their body in a form of dance.

It felt so familiar, like when going to the train to Hogwarts, but at the same time, it was all distinctly more advanced and magical.

An elf came up to them. Short blonde curls flopped on their forehead and they looked down at a glowing screen.

"Your names, please?" They asked, looking up at them over the thin rim of their glasses.

"Harry Potter, Killian Potter, Remus Lupin, Nico Michele, Lydia Michele and Raelyn Michele," Raelyn replied. The screen glowed green as their names showed up below a long list of names. Harry leaned over to Killian.

"What's that?" Harry asked.

"They check anyone entering from the outside in for safety reasons. If the screen glows red, the people have malicious intentions," Killian responded. Harry made an "O" shape with his mouth and watched with interest as the person flipped the light tablet closed and walked to a desk near the entrance.

"And the light thing?"

"It's just called a tablet. This one in particular is programmed for seeking out lies and malicious intentions for the people running the check in."

"What about the guard outside?" Remus asked from behind. Nico leaned over to the group with an answer.

"Guards are stationed at all entrances so no one can just stumble across them. They allow in elves and those with the mark of elves and steer away humans."

Both Remus and Harry hummed in understanding.

"All passengers," an intercom beeped, "please step away from the edge, the train will be arriving in t-minus 10 seconds."

The elven runes in light up above started counting down from 10. Harry watched as everyone stepped away from the edge and watched for the train in anticipation. Harry was practically bursting with excitement from beside Killian. He'd already seen so much from the elves that he hadn't seen before and he was impatient to see more.

The train was far from what he expected as it pulled in, elves piling out and Raelyn leading the group to join in with the boarding elves. The train seemed to be made from winding vines with an open top. The conductor was an eccentric seeming person with a wild grin and bright white hair.

"All the conductors are thrill seekers," Killian whispered. "The train is safe but complicated to work at fast speeds so it's a necessity."

"How fast does it go?" Remus asked.

"You'll see," Raelyn grinned. When they stepped in, they each found a spot for themselves. Nico and Raelyn stood, holding a thick vine that climbed vertically for support. Killian, Lydia, Remus and Harry found seats on wooden benches.

"Train departing in 10 seconds. Please keep all of your limbs inside at all times. Please keep a good hold on any loose belongings. If for some reason there is a problem, the emergency stop is the orange button on the side of each cabin."

Harry eyed the numbers for down to zero. The train shot off at impossible speeds, winding and contorting in strange ways to avoid any obstacles, yet none of it effected the passengers. It went so fast, it felt like it was still. He and Remus shared a look of awe. Their elven companions pulled out smaller screens.

"What is that?" Harry asked.

"It's a phone," Nico said. "The elves are far more advanced as you can see, no landline needed."

Harry felt like perhaps he'd never leave with how much he wanted to learn from this place.

•••

After a thrilling train ride and a ride in Raelyn's car -- which Remus and Harry had learned they had left in the care of a car service during the small trip -- they had arrived at an old stone building. It was a massive house with a stone wall surrounding it and a large metal gate. Killian walked forward and rang the buzzer. It was a short wait before the woman from the picture rushed from the house, the man trailing after.

Euphemia was a bundle of energy as she flung open the gates and rushed to Harry and Killian. She was quickly in front of the two and pulling them in for a hug. The strength of it nearly took Harry's breath away but it was a warm embrace.

"I've missed you so much," Euphemia said as she pulled away. "Oh, Harry, you look so much like Lily. Let me get a look at you."

He let her cradle his face and inspect him as Fleamont came to join his wife.

"Euphemia, he has our son's nose."

"I think that's Regulus's chin!" She exclaimed happily.

Harry stilled.

"Grammy, Grandpa, he doesn't know," Killian said. "I didn't want to risk someone overhearing."

Euphemia's smile faded to something sad.

"I understand." She turned to the group outside the gates. "Come on in, everyone."

Fleamont's gaze settled on Remus who was as frozen as Harry.

"Remus, it's a pleasure to see you are well."

Remus nodded stiffly. Everyone filed in and Euphemia and Fleamont sat them down at a table, magic bringing in fresh tea and biscuits.

"What was that you said about Regulus Black?" Remus asked finally, echoing Harry's thoughts.

"It's a long story," Euphemia said. "It was during Lily's pregnancy with Killian that Regulus hid away with my son and daughter-in-law..."