10

Dedicated to @Alei234 for commenting several times reminding me to get thinking on this chapter :)

Chapter 10: reverse it

I wake up determined to change my dad's mind. I get downstairs after changing in a pair of black shorts and and a white tank top. 

"Where's dad?" i ask Clark as he's reading the news paper and drinking his coffee. 

"in his office, you might wanna hold on the bad news, he's in a very good mood." Clark says and i take a seat opposite him.

"bad news? who said anything about bad news?" i say trying to sound like nothing's wrong.

"i know that tone you used. you only use it when you have something 'negative' to say." 

i roll my eyes, "well it's an inevitable 'bad news' it's now or never." i say and then walk to my dad's house office. 

i knock once and hear a faint come in. "hi ... dad." i say nervously. 

i sit on the chair next to his desk where he's reading some files, "are you working on Mr Johnson's divorce case?"

"yes sweetie i am. do you know how good that case would be for us, the cabinet could now be opened worldwide." he says with pride and excitement that i feel my stomach do a couple of flips as the courage i had previously gathered to telling him wheat i had to suddenly disappears.

"well that's great." i say trying to give him a smile and then walk out of his office. i go to my room and then call Jackson. 

"hi, are you busy?" i ask him.

"not at the moment, why?" he says over the phone.

"can you meet me by my house?" i say nervously. 

"sure." he says. i hang up and walk towards my closet. i put on a pair of black jeans and a black shirt with bugs bunny on it. i slip on my black converse and then walk downstairs. i take the Chevy's keys and then go outside. as soon as i step foot outside i see Jackson already there waiting for me.

"wanna go for a ride?" i ask him and throw the keys in his direction he catches them and smiles. we go inside the car and he drives. 

we come to a stop in an empty parking and then i decide to say, "is it really that bad if your mom loses the trial?"

"she's my mom Miles. Bianca's dad isn't my blood. of course it's bad." he says.

"i get it, but i mean he has money. loads of it. maybe it's better this way?" i say trying to make him change his mind.

"i thought you wanted to help me?" he says getting angry.

"i do. i really do. but my dad's really excited and happy about this case. this could make that his law cabinet's are opened worldwide. how do you expect me to just get him to turn this opportunity down?"

"i get it he's your dad, and i'm just your boyfriend but-" he starts.

"did you just say b-boyfriend?" i cut him in shock.

"i mean, we kissed and now we're here together what else would we be?" he asks me now angrier.

"i don't know. it's just we never talked about it." i say.

"you know what just do whatever the fuck you want. someone like you would never understand someone like me." he says.

"w-what?" i say my eyes filling with tears and before i know it he walks out of the car and slams the door shut which gets me jumping. i should be running after him right now, but i can't move.