03

Chapter 03: detention 

I enter the school and directly walk to the reception, I hand her the papers and walk away at once, I don't need her to ask me any questions. I take my biology book in my locker and walk to biology with five minutes late. God I had really hoped I had missed more than five ridiculous minutes.

I walk in with a shy smile and walk to the back next to Eva. "What happened to you?" she asks me.

"Woke up late." I say and she nods. I think she understands the fact that I'm not ready to talk much yet. 

I listen to Mr Parkinson talking for about thirty minutes until a knock on the door interrupts the explanation. 

The door opens revealing the receptionist, "Excuse me, but can I talk to Miley Valentine?" she says and my eyes grow wide. What did I do now?

"Sure. Miley off you go." Mr Parkinson says and I take my bag and shove my book and pencil in it.

I walk towards her and we walk through the corridor in silence, "Don't worry hun, you're not in trouble." she says and I nod.

We walk towards a door that does not look the principal's office, she opens it and motions for me to go inside. I get inside and notice it's an office with a sofa in front of the desk with a coffee table in between. Plants, stress balls and paintings. Oh god no. Not again.

I sit on the sofa awkwardly and the receptionist closes the door. "Hi, I'm Jenna. How are you Miley?" 

"Miles* and wonderful." I say and she looks at a paper on her desk.

"OK, Miles, it says here that you went through a lot." she says, "First of all an eating disorder, you used to take anti depressive pills, got diagnosed with depression and anxiety, aren't very good at socializing. Usually lives in your own world. And you went to group therapy." 

"I know what it says. I lived through what the paper says." I say annoyed.

"Yes. Tell me when did this happen?" she says.

"What exactly?" I ask.

"All of it, approximately." 

"Two years ago. But why am I here? I'm fine. I've been all good for the past two years." I say.

"I know, but we just thought that you might want to talk about things." she says trying to put on a smile. She's still young, I'd say she's in her beginning thirties black hair and green eyes. She's pretty. So I wonder what the heck is she doing here?

"Well you thought wrong." I say annoyed and stand up, "If I wanted to talk I'd go back to therapy." I say a few tears falling down my cheeks. Before she can say anything I rush towards the door and slam it shut. Tears falling uncontrollably down my cheeks.

Who do they think they are? I don't need this to happen again. I'm fine, I'm doing great. I'm better than ever. What could I possibly be feeling 'depressed' about? I just need everyone to mind their own goddamn busin-

"Sorry." I say my voice breaking. I was lost too deeply in my thoughts that I wasn't paying attention to where I was walking. I bumped into someone.

I look up to see Jackson, I quickly turn around and wipe my tears before saying, "We seriously need to stop meeting like this." 

I turn around to face him again and just as he's about to say something we get interrupted by a voice behind us, "Mr Passaglia? Again? Why are you not in class?"

"Just running late." Jackson replies with amusement clear in his voice.

"And you are?" the principal asks me.