The Demigod

Annabeth's PoV

The Demigod is...

 Hermione Granger.

She ran towards us, tripping over her feet. Running from the mutt that appears to be chasing after her

"What is happening," she pleads to us trying to keep her fear in check.

I looked behind her to look at the monster. It was called an Orthrus. It is a 2 headed hound that typically lives with giants.

I signalled to Percy to confront the monster. 

He lunged forward to swipe at the beast as I pulled Hermione back.

"Stay back," I warned her. She remained next to a secure tree as I saw Percy surround the mutt in a wall of water. 

I ran towards Percy, I again signalled him to follow Plan DADS (Distract, Attack, Duck and Stab). He saw through his eyes were still concentrated on the water barrier. 

I ran towards him and his hand were out in front of him. I jump onto his hands and he pushed me up in the air and over the water barrier.

I landed on it's back. I pulled out my dagger and stabbed it in the back. 

The Orthrus howled in pain as the water wall broke to push it back. I jumped off and flew over the wall to land next to Percy. 

Percy pushed the beast up to the tree and used Geokinesis to reshape the ground apart to trap the beast. Making it unable to move from its step.

I moved forward to aim for its heart (or hearts?) but one of the heads knocked it to the side- stabbing the other heads ear. It then moved to bite at me but I drew back to avoid being injured. 

I noticed Percy moving behind me. Then I dived back as he jumped over me and sliced both the heads off in one go.

Then the Orthrus turned to golden dust and fell everywhere.

I stood up and dusted the remains off of me.

Percy recapped his pen and we turned to face Hermione.

She has seen so much death and sadness in her life but after knowing Hermione for half a year, there is nothing that she hates and is scared of more than not knowing what is happening.

So this was terrifying to her.

Her pale face was mixed with confusion and disbelief.

"What is happening?" Hermione asked.

"You better come with us," Percy says. She nodded as she followed us up to the school gates.

"Are you hurt?" I asked.

"Just a couple of small scratches," She says, "Its nothing."

Percy and I looked at each other but didn't do anything.

Later we entered our office.

"Please take a seat," I say offering the seat in front of my chair. 

Percy standing behind me gave me a look that I can distinguish as the 'you are better at explaining this than me' look. 

"This is going to be very hard to explain but, everything you have learnt in Mythology is real.

Hermione, you are a Demigod..."

----------------------------------

So... I lied.

But THE DEMIGOD IS FINALLY REVEALED!!!!

Yay!

Well short chapter, but I hope you enjoyed it and please leave your opinions in the comment at the door.

519 Words

Have a bloody good weekend,

K

Published 6th of February 2021