The New Subject

Hermione PoV

"Class Dismiss," Professor Jackson shouted over the bell as we left the classroom.

Never in all my years at this school, have I ever had a Defence Against the Dark Arts class like that before.

We have had crazy classes, with Moody (well Barty Crouch Jr) showing us Unforgivable Curses, Lockhart being incapable of teaching and now muggle fighting techniques. But I have to admit, I am not disagreeing and I think it's gonna be real fun.

"What did you guys think of the lesson," Ron said taking my hand, which I didn't hesitate to hold onto.

"He kinda reminds me of Harry by the way he teaches. He definitely knows what he is talking about but he seems really chill and like a skater kid." I say.

"A skater kid?" Ron asked.

"Oh an American teenage stereotype, don't worry," Harry says.

"I agree with Hermione. I am now kinda tempted to go to the Counselling because it seems like nothing would really happen work-wise except you get cheered up." Harry continued.

"What do we have next?" Ron asked me.

"Transfiguration and then Mythology," I say.

"Ok, lead the way." He says.

-------------------------------

*One Transfiguration Lesson Later. (in Spongebob voice)

-------------------------------

"Oh my God guys, I am very excited about this. I watched Hercules with my parents growing up and it just really interests me. Well, Mythology in general" I said excitedly.

"It's just another subject, with no magic involved and extra homework," Ron said.

I slapped him but went back to holding his hand. I could see Harry rolling his eyes out of the corner of my eyes. I turned to him and stuck my tongue out at him. He just grinned at me.

We waited outside of the class. When the final group of first years walked out, the 7th years walked into the room.

"Everyone one settle down and take out all the equipment you need to take notes with," Professor Chase said strictly. I saw most of the class tense up with how strictly she was speaking.

It's weird how such a cruisy person like Professor Jackson would date a strict person such as Professor Chase. But then again, I am dating Ron who has the emotional range of a teaspoon.

"As you guys might know, this class doesn't involve magic and I don't want any foolish behaviour. Also, this class isn't going towards your NEWT's." She says.

Everyone in the class cheers and Professor Chase smirked at the classes enthusiasm.

"Ok, ok," She said trying to calm everyone down. "Just because you aren't doing your NEWT's and not doing your end of year exam, I expect you guys to treat this class as you do with other classes. Is that understood?" She asked the class, sitting on the desk the same way Professor Jackson did. Maybe it's an American thing.

Everyone nodded.

"Ok, this class will also be important because you are going to need this information for the last topic of Defence Against the Dark Arts; Strategic Thinking. Is that clear?" She said again.

"Ok, this year you guy's will be studying famous stories of the Gods and Demigods from Ancient Greece and Rome, maybe Norway or Norse Mythology. Can anyone name any Polytheistic God from any type of Nationality?" She asked.