Terms and Conditions

Paul reads the terms and conditions and you cannot change my mind

This makes no sense and you can CLEARLY see I'm just looking for excuses to write torture scenes lol

THANK YOU FOR 10K READS OMG ILY ALL

TRIGGER WARNINGS:
-Captivity
-Needles
-Experimental torture
-Blood mention

-------

"Do you know why he needs our help?" Paul asked after Emma had rung Hidgens's doorbell.

"No, he talked about a new 'experiment'. Probably some dumb new theory he came up with."

"Hello!" Hidgens greeted as the door swung open. "Come in, come in!"

Emma smiled as she followed him to the living room to drop off their bags and jackets, Paul behind them.

"I have made a new discovery," he told them. "It's fascinating. I need your help with this experiment."

"You can count on us, professor!" she assured him as he led them to the lab

He used his keycard to open the sliding doors, and gestured for them to enter.

"Can you sign the papers while I grab the supplies?" he asked, walking away.

"Papers?" Paul asked when the doors had slid closed again.

"Yeah, he makes me sign a contract every time I help him. To make sure I take responsibility if I break something, and that if anything does go wrong, I can't hold him accountable. He does it every time, he's just paranoid." She grabbed the pen and flicked through the pages, looking for the line to put her autograph on.

"Shouldn't we read it first?" Paul asked nervously as Emma signed the paper without hesitation.

"Come on, dude. It's Hidgens! We can trust him."

"Yeah, but why would he ask us to-"

"It's like... why would I read it? I read it the first time he made me sign one, and not once has he betrayed my trust. Like... no one ever reads the terms and conditions, this is basically the same thing?"

"First of all, this is a scientific experiment, not just some dumb game on your phone. And I do read those."

Emma chuckled, handing him the pen. "I get it, you're lame. Just do it, dude!"

Paul nodded, scribbling down his name.

"Perfect!" Hidgens said as he entered the room, his arms full with various supplies. He put them down on the table and grabbed the contract, locking it in a small safe that was built into the wall. Paul eyed Emma nervously, but she shrugged. Hidgens was just weird like that.

Emma tapped her fingers on the table while he set up two foldable beds on one side of the room.

"Emma, Paul, will both of you please lie down?"

Emma nodded, hopping onto one of the stretchers. Paul carefully sat down on the other, not yet laying down.

"Emma, dear, can you remove your sweater, please?" She did as he said and took a deep breath as he listened to her heartbeat. "Alright. You'll just feel a little pinch."

Her eyes widened as he uncapped a syringe, and she sat up. "No! I thought you just needed a lab assistant or something..."

"Well, no. You're my test subject."

She flinched as he cleaned her arm with an alcohol wipe, and he grabbed her wrist tightly. Paul stood up. "Hidgens? She said no."

Hidgens smiled as he poked the needle into her arm. "You don't have a choice. You signed up for this."

"What?"

"The contract you signed. It clearly stated that I can perform this experiment on her, and can keep both of you here for three weeks to a month to monitor you closely. I need you to be my normal subject." He turned back to Emma. "You might feel a bit uneasy for a few hours, that is normal."

"Why are you doing this?" Emma asked, rubbing her arm.

"For science."

"What the fuck did you just inject into my body?"

"It will make your senses work better. Imagine being able to hear every single word that's whispered too softly, to solve mysteries just with your nose like a police dog, or tasting every ingredient separately when you eat a bowl of soup! And that's just the tip of the iceberg!" He walked to his whiteboard, inspecting his notes. "However, there will of course be some downsides. Pain will be more intense, and lights can quickly become blinding. Not to mention the headaches you can get from the noises that would normally just be annoying."

Emma tensed. He sounded way too excited for what he was telling her.

"I'm trying to find the extent of those negative side effects, and maybe find a way to prevent them. That's why I need you." His smile turned into a grin. "And you're legally not allowed to leave."

He left the room, and as soon as he was gone, Paul rushed to Emma's side. He rubbed her back. "I hate to say this, but I did warn you..." He hushed her when she hid her face in his chest to hide her tears. "Hey... It's just a few weeks..."

They sat there long enough for both of them to fall asleep.