And I Shall Be The Surgeon

WARNING: This story contains MAJOR Perky's Buds spoilers. Do not read if you haven't seen Perky's Buds yet.

TRIGGER WARNINGS:
-Restraints
Other than that not really any specific TWs but just Ezekiel being creepy and a bit of gore.

-------

Ziggs stood there, their eyes blank, and their body controlled by hundreds of birds.

"If enough of us focus, we can not only speak into your minds. We can... control them. We can drive you. Like the farm equipment you are." Ezekiel laughed as Ziggs came closer, driving Emma into a corner.

"Basic motor functions. That's all you need. Your memories, personalities. These are faulty parts. Perhaps they can be removed entirely. You shall be the test subject, Emma. And I shall be the surgeon."

Despite not having a human mouth, Ezekiel smiled, determination in his eyes. "With mine own beak and talon, I shall peck away your unnecessary brain matter. And I'll shit it out! In little, white globs! All over your precious farm! Then I'll do the same to all of Hatchetfield. And there will be weed. As far as the eye can see. You should be happy. Perky's Buds is going to be a great success."

Ziggs drove Emma backwards until she hit the big workbench, and couldn't move any further.

"Ziggy, restrain Emma!"

Emma pleaded as she was forced onto the table, her farmhand holding her down as a few dozen birds flew around her, ropes in their beaks.

"Ziggs. I know you're in there. You gotta fight. Push those birds outta your mind..."

Her nose throbs as Ziggs lands a punch. She could taste blood, and lay on the table helplessly, testing the restraints. They're pulled on tight, leaving no room to wiggle her way out.

Ezekiel dipped his beak in some hand sanitizer he found, hopped toward Emma, and flew onto the table. "Are you ready, Emma?"

"You birds are sick," Emma spat. "Let me go!"

"This is unacceptable," Ezekiel said calmly as Emma fought against the restraints. "Ziggy, hold Emma's head still. It would be a shame if something... happened."

Emma pleaded as Ziggy moved to follow the order, placing their hands over Emma's ears to hold her head in place. None of that mattered, of course, because she could still hear Ezekiel in her mind.

Emma screamed as Ezekiel pecked at her skull, ripping open the skin, before hitting it even harder in an attempt to break through the bone.

"You've got a tough head, Emma."

Before she knew what was happening, he smashed a stone onto her head, and her skull split open, leaving her screaming and flailing her limbs on the table, unspeakable pain washing over her.

Ezekiel laughed. And then... darkness.

*** *** ***

"Perky?"

Emma groaned, opening her eyes. She wasn't in the barn, but in a dim prison cell, on an uncomfortable bed, but still slightly more comfortable than the workbench. Ziggs stared at her.

"Those fucking birds," she muttered, sitting up.

Ziggs laughed. "You get the nightmares too?"

Emma nodded, rubbing at her still intact head. "But at least we're not dead."

"Yeah, this place sucks, but we could've died." They groaned dramatically. "Fuck those birds."

"Yeah... fuck 'em."