Mindless Alien Slave

Let It Out is such a good song even though it makes me cry

There are not really any triggers in this wow (someone gets infected though)

-------

Paul didn't feel great about leaving Emma alone. When he left, a concerning amount of blood had already puddled under her leg, and he could tell she was in pain.

But as he got closer to the Starlight Theater, he forced himself to let go of the thoughts about what might happen to her. He had more important things to focus on. Blowing up the meteor, for example. And not dying while doing so.

Hell, that seemed almost impossible. Staying alive while a bunch of alien fuckers want nothing more than seeing you dead. If he... If they made it out, he'd want to be with Emma. He'd want to help her start a pot farm. He'd want them to be more than just friends.

Paul smiled as the thought entered his head, and he gripped the grenade belt tightly. He'd blow up the meteor. For Emma.

It wasn't until he looked up at the Starlight Theater that he realized how scared he was. He knew the chance of walking out of there alive was slim, but he had to at least try.

Walking into the theater, he shivered, maneuvering himself under a beam that had fallen when the meteor crashed onto the stage. He walked toward the meteor, and grabbed one of the grenades, struggling to remove it from the belt.

"We've been waiting for you, Paul."

Paul flinched, turning toward the source of the voice, looking straight at his best friend. The best friend who died just a few hours earlier.

"Bill! S-stay back!" he warned, not seeing the other man approach him from behind.

"Watch out, Paul. He might kick your head."

"And that would be a la dee dah dah dah..." Emma's boss said, emerging from the shadows.

"Ted! Emma's boss!"

"That's right, Paul. All your best friends are here."

Well, he wouldn't call Ted his best friend, let alone Emma's boss, but Hidgens's choice of words was the least of his worries right now.

"We're happy now, we got what we wanted!" Mr. Davidson said, entering the stage,

"No!" Paul protested, cringing as he remembered what happened that morning. "Mr. Davidson didn't want to become a mindless alien slave! He wanted to be choked by his wife! While he jerked off!" He went back to removing the grenade from the belt. "Well, I'm gonna put a stop to all this."

"I thought you didn't care about saving the planet?" that annoying Greenpeace girl argued, and Paul winced. More people around him was definitely what he needed right now.

"Back off, Greenpeace girl! I pull this pin and you're all toast."

"You wouldn't do that, Paul."

"I sure as hell will." For Emma.

"And what about you? You die too, is that what you want?"

Paul took a deep breath, still holding the grenade, but making no move to pull the pin. "It doesn't matter what I want." It never has.

"We think it does, Paul."

"And we want to hear about it."

"In fact, we think there's a song in you yet!"

Paul looked around, his heart skipping a beat when he realized the music came from the meteor.

"What's in your soul? Is your heart so damp and bleak, that you won't give us a peek of your soul?"

Paul gagged as the man who was once his boss touched him, the other infected crowding around him.

"Just let it out! There's a voice inside of you, on the edge of coming through, what's it about?"

"And I know it's a singular voice, Paul. You've just got to give up your choice."

Give up his choice. Not in a million years.

"Just let it out!"

His hand just moved without his permission.

"Let it out!"

He tried to stop it, grabbing his wrist tightly to make his arm stop moving.

"Let it out!"

Shit, this would be the end, wouldn't it?

"Let it out, let it out, let it out!"

His hips were moving now, too.

"Just let it out, let it out, let it out!"

He was dancing.

"Let it out, let it out-"

"Never!"

Uh oh.

Hidgens was talking, but Paul couldn't hear it over the ringing in his ears. His vision was fading away as the spores clawed through his mind, pushing him out.

"What was that?"

"You let it out."