part vii | misting truths

EVERYTHING WAS SO OUT OF THE WORLD, when those feelings of love and admiration made home in Aira's heart for Arit. Until she knew she was out of his world, that he had a girlfriend.

Arit was the boy Aira admired from afar, she was hopelessly romantic and equally in denial of the fact. Even when the idea of love seemed bizarre to her, it was not long when she knew she could not get him out of her mind, that she was in love. It was not long she knew her heart beat in sync to the rhythm his heart played.

She loved him and cared for him more than she did for her ownself. Aira was interested in him more than she desired. His smile was  her happiness, and her happiness was he.

But before she could express this felicity of his lordship in her demesne, she found about his relationship with Ashishika. That day, her heart twitched painfully like it never had, her guts twisting inside her.

Love, she really knew when she knew pain.

However, she denied, roasting herself in her mind that it's fine, it's fine, not that he would be with you were he single.

She could not help the ache in her heart increasing, no matter how much she tried. Her eyes had filled, but she did not cry.

From then, she tried to not love the man whose love she would hardly ever receive and each time, she had failed, miserably.

Days, she somehow, hardly, passed. Nights, she thought of only him. Even the smallest of attention from him heavied her heart, a little brush of skin against hers flushed her  and his mere name paced her beating heart. She ignored him, changed her ways in the other direction while she desperately wanted him to cross ways with hers.

In an attempt to get those prryhic feelings that had turned wistful out of her, Aira played with her own feelings.

She had held her tears, emotions, feelings, pain and everything that breaks her inside her and never cried, while she ridiculously dropped tears at the most little of things.
Aira was childish, as Arit says. Little did he know, this child was crazily in love with him. Even then, Aira would just laugh with everyone else.

Aira was an open book which when seen, was easy to read but when tried to be understood, it came out tougher. For in matters of her own pains and worries, Aira was hideous. So, little did anyone know the girl was going from a gut-wrenching pain of loving a man one-sidedly.

And then came that night. The night when the blackened sky had showered tears.

Aira has been there. To barely return his bag or maybe because of something else, but she did go. Aira had only seen Ashishika walk away from him. She contemplated for quite some time, should she go to him?

Him, who was devastated more from the repent of his own choices then Ashishika's. Dark hairs clamped, rainwater dribbled on him, soaking his complete self. He was sitting on the bench, drained, drowning in the agony of his breaking heart.

That night too, she had waited on him.

Though she did hide away from his sight, there was no need, he was too engrossed into his own pain to notice her, or anyone. That was nothing new to Aira but always painful. Above Ashishika, Arit noticed no one. She saw him shedding tears, for the first time, expecting him to return back. But he kept sitting there while it had started to rain more violently as if screaming on his part, for he was never the one to do so.

Aira's heart ached at the miserable sight of his. So, she had walked to him under the shade of a red umbrella she had brought, her eyes fixed on his while his, on the black umbrella lying down on the footpath.

All the way to here, she was not sure what was she supposed to do. When she reached him, she stood right in front of his, closer enough to take him in the shade of the umbrella.

He had looked up, at her and she had to swallow. Her eyes welled as she looked into his reddened ones. His saddened eyes seemed to expose all the pain of so many years of his life. Never has she seen a glint of agony on his face, and today she saw a cyclone of the same.

He was a man fighting against destiny without complaining once or ever, tried by fate. That moment, he thought he has lost something in life, maybe love or pride.

The only words Aira has said, before leaving him alone with that umbrella of hers and his bag while she picked the umbrella falling on the ground for herself, were blank verses a friend says to a hurting friend.

In most cases, it's a joke but she had not joked even if Arit has smiled at the silly words, with those crying eyes of his. "you know", it was for those eyes that she had said, "I don't like it, when it rains."

Ashishka was the pitter-patter Arit admired with his whole heart, most probably cause he knew not of, even, any dribble then.

Aira was the rain which was going to drench him completely, if he was ready to be soaked.

thankyou for reading

thankyou for reading. Vote please!

tanya x