part iv | drop breakup

ENGULFED IN THE DARKNESS of the room, Arit kept sitting there on his bed, heart bleeding.

The night was loud with the curtains fluttering against the open window, the only and the one through which he could see her; the raging storm outside, one in which she was soaking herself for him, more or so, for herself; and the wind-chime chiming, it's melodies mixing with the cold air around and yet it felt silent.

For all Arit could hear was his heartbeat. His heart that felt like it has been ripped apart of his body and he was too restless
to find peace.

Aira has always struggled with this thing. Arit was anything, but storm. His love for the pouring rain always dumbstruck her, while she always wondered as to what even can be beautiful in something that falls.

Until she fell in love.

And everything suddenly seemed beautiful to her. Unknown she was with the magic of love, one which beautifies the ugliest of souls and bewitches the cruelest of hearts.

Arit walked to the window, fidgeting with the phone in his hand. Making sure of the time that reprimanded of the one long hour it has been, he threw the object on his bed, behind.

His eyes looked up at the sky showering waters of agony, flashing destructive lights, and roaring thunders that made her shiver a lot more than the continuous shivering she was going through.

For once, he did not like the rain.

He sighed as he looked at her soaked self, swallowing a deep breath, his nails digging in his palm, at the verge of piercing through the skin underlying.

She really did not need to wait, she had several reasons to not. It was not even a thing. But she did, and this as if created a turmoil inside his head more strong than the currents formed in the ocean. He wished, she went back.

When he did not.

The most complicated years of life, for every common man starts when one has completed their schooling. Now, there are years in which you either make yourself or succumb to nothingness.

When under such pressures, one goes
through recurring failures, life takes turns in ways one could never predict, leave alone preparing. One and all, few and many, a result of one's own choices.

Back then, it was the same for Arit.

Life was taking turns such that before he could assess what has gone wrong at one point, he found himself in an emotional maze where everything was falling.

Everything.

He had taken on three attempts and failed.
Two times, he could not qualify the mains and once, he was returned home losing the interview.

People in the same faculty understood for they were all wearers of the same pinching shoes. It is only normal if one has to try numerous times before making into it or anything as such, though that did not reduce the peer pressure. Still, he did not let it all come to him.

No waves formulated a tornado inside his mind cause Arit was anything, but storm.

But storm, he never thought he would have to face. Of emotions, uncertainties, insult and heart wrenching pain.

With winds, comes the rain.

And rain, raging storm of pouring waters was what he faced when he was told that Ashishika was engaged.

Ashishika, the girl he loved so much.

That evening, he has returned after his pre exams have finally been done, it was his fourth attempt. He had opted to first come to the coaching he studied than his home. Every one attempting did the same but unlike him, their priorities differed.

Before he could have entered the office, he had heard some students, precisely girls, talking. He was never the one to listen to any one gossiping around, nor did he care but these words, unlike all others had caught his attention in a way he has never wanted to. Nor could he ever thought of.

For the first time, he has stopped to listen and query 'what this is about?' when he had even ignored the rumors of (his and her)'s dating. During those times, he had only passed past those people with a oh so proud smile, his heart fluttering. How those words were so true!

It had been a month he has seen her closely, a week since he talked to her contently and last he remembers he has sat with the woman of his heart peacefully was a sultry evening when it has rained.

Now, when he was so, so much eager to meet her, hug her and tell that his pre has been wonderful and he is positive he will make it, he is coming home to know that he has no home to return to anymore.

Arit has laughed at the words. Words which meant she has drifted away from him, like everyone who has came into his life did.

And then when the fact started settling in his mind, the excitement he had carried all the way on the bus where he went to write papers capable of making his life, to here where his home was and where his heart lived, was lost somewhere. The smile has faded, the shine in the eyes replaced by an heart wrenching haze of pain.

His heart screamed hurt at the mere thought of the blatant lies, his eyes had welled and worries masked his face.

People, he knew were competent liars. So, Arit did not believe people.

That evening, when the sun was vividly bleeding crimson in the blue skies, he has ran and ran, pushing off his shoulders his bag, leaving behind everything and Aira.

Aira, who had harboured feelings for this good of a man, has seen him run crazily for a woman she was not.

thankyou for reading. don't forget to vote and comment your views. it's now #18 in metaphor and so much more;)

what do you think would have happened?

tanya x