part viii | splashing love

dedicated to penpatron, thank you for being here with me, captain. ️❤️

●●●

TONIGHT, IT WAS TOO MUCH. Aira's heart ached, its heaviness paining her. She felt her body losing warmth, her skin paled, body shivering and her head storming, non-desired thoughts strangling her.

Her heart was aching tremendously, her mind screaming inside her, screaming how she was not capable of the love she had got, how she was incapable of having him. Him, she still wonders, how she had had the most wonderful pleasure to be with.

The thought that maybe she was just an object to mend his breaking heart broke hers own. Her mind sinking into a black hole she often found hard to come out from. Cause she always wondered, maybe Arit did not really love her.

After the night, Arit did not change a bit in composure but he was more busy cause the mains were on way. When Ashishika would come to classes, he never looked up at her. He came late and left early and most days, he was absent. He laughed a lot and spoke only what was necessary or what would never show him any different.

He was successful to great extents but Aira never missed those little changes. In him. He was more determined than ever, studies and studies and nothing more became his life. While her nights became sleepless.

Months passed like that and his busi-ness only increased more after he had qualified the mains, and his presence in the coaching amounted to nothing, as he had engrossed himself in the preparation of the interview.

If sometime during her classes she saw a glimpse of his outside the hall, her eyes traced his steps through the window glass, from the gallery to the office where he most probably discussed methods regarding the personality test. And every time, she would sigh when he just went from there.

If he ever crossed paths with her, he smiled at her and she felt butterflies dancing in her midriff. He talked to her, a lot, yet she felt it little.

And then came the day, when he had asked her out. Hallelujah! Cause she never would have.

She still remembers it and she will always do. Clear and persistent in his words, very definite in his resolution, he was that day. She was shocked, in the most amazing way she could ever be.

It was bout a month before the interview, three or more months later Ashishika's engagement. That morning, he had came, and came early which was very different from his usual plan.

He had stepped inside the study hall filled with not many students but only her and her friends. "Arit", one or her friends had called, amazed and partially shocked, and as Aira's eyes grew large, so did the speed of her beating heart. It was always like that with her, when it was about him.

She had turned and there eyes met like sun rays kiss her skin gold and rain soothes his senses. Unsure he looked, his hairs were messed and little wet like his shirt. It was dribbling outside. Her friends laughed, teasingly at her, even when they did not knew, she really had feelings for him.

"I have to-", Arit had only began when Aira said, walking out from the row or seats, avoiding all the whispers her friends did between them, "let us talk outside."

She had no idea what it was about, if she had, maybe she would have ran away, so much of an idiot she was.

He had went out, and she walked through the two columns of seats front which was the board and pordium, to her left, out of the door. As soon as she has moved close the screen and turned, he had asked, "Do you like me?"

Anyone else would have had to explain as what or who, but he did not have to. Aira understood it too clearly, yet felt unsure.

Aira's eyes grew large and she swallowed. It should never have been a question. If Aira did not love Arit, hardly anyone loved in the world any other. 

He did not look away from her for a second, but straight into her eyes and Aira felt like exposing her heart. Aira's heart beat crazy inside her chest. He stood too close. Such it felt dangerous. Wet strands of hairs hung from the sides of his gorgeous face were kissing the end of his brows and his skin glew in moisture, ears red for some reason.

His eyes were shades lighter outside where the morning light rain played a soothing melody, than they originally were. Those eyes of his, somehow, looked exactly the same like she has seen closely for the first time, where it all started at a level from where it has always been hard to return.

Though now, they held admiration for the reflection of the girl she could see in his eyes. Her cheeks had flushed and she felt hot under her thin cotton kurta and knee- length jeans, her brown hairs shining gold ruffled by the teaiwinds. Her eyes has welled, for it was no body else in his eyes but her she saw.

Before Aira could calculate the words or reply for that matter, he had spoken what she had started to think she would never hear and accepted, when she had settled in her mind to live sleeplessly and painfully like she had for all those months.

He had spoken what made tears drop down the eyes of her; her, who knew to hold back when the clouds did not."Because I do."

Aira was breathless.

thankyou for reading

thankyou for reading. What do you think? Did Arit confess cause he feel for Aira or did he use her to forget Ashishika? Leave your theories and don't forget to vote. The last two chapter are on their way.

#8 in metaphor, #5 in prosepoetry, #51 in poetic, #41 in poesia, #176 in poetry and so on:) also, #49 in goodboy (well, Arit is really a very good boy XD).

tanya x