pilot

One by one, Iron Man's suits got destroyed, into absolutely nothing, like they were nothing.

"We create our own demons. Who said that? What does that even mean? Doesnt matter, I said it cause he said it. So now he was famous and that's basically get said by two well known guys, I don't, uh-" Sigh. "I'm gonna start again. Let's track this from the beginning."

1999
Bern, Switzerland
New Year's Eve

Happy Hogan walked around with Tony Stark at a party, along with Tony's one-nighter for the night, Maya Hansen. "Half hour til the ball drops," Happy said to Maya.

"Hey, do you wann-" Tony started to ask Maya, hinting something when a party guest walked up to him.

"Tony Stark? Great speech, man!" he exclaimed but Happy moved the man away from Tony.

"I got you, pal," he said before he, Tony and Maya continued to walk off.

"I gave a speech? How was it?" Tony asked.

"Edifying," Happy said.

"Unintelligible," Maya said.

"Really?" Tony asked.

"Mmm-hmm," Maya hummed.

"It's my favorite kind, a winning combo," Tony said.

"Where are we going?" Maya asked.

"Uh, to town on each other, probably back in your room. Cause I also wanna see your research," Tony said.

"Okay, you can see my research, but that's...I'm not gonna show you my town," Maya said.

"Mr. Stark." They all turned to see the man who saved Tony from the save not just a couple of years later. "Ho Yinsen."

"Oh, I finally met a man called Ho," Tony said before he and Yinsen shook hands.

While Yinsen chuckled humorlessly, Tony turned back to Maya. "Come here."

"I would like to introduce you to our guest, Dr. Wu," Yinsen said before he moved them towards an Asian doctor.

"Oh, this guy," Tony said to Wu before Wu greeted Tony in mandarin as they shook hands. "You're a heart doctor. She's going to need a cardiologist after I..."

Tony then turned and started to blow on his part horn and walked away with Maya. "Bye," Maya said to Yinsen.

"Perhaps another time," Yinsen said.

"It started in Bern, Switzerland, 1999. The old days. I never thought they'd come back to bite me. Why would they?"

As Happy, Tony, and Maya walked towards the elevator, an enthusiastic man with long blonde hair came up towards them. "Oh, wow! Hey, Tony! Aldrich Killian," the man said before he looked at Maya. "I-I-I'm a big fan of your work!"

"My work?" Maya asked.

"Who isn't? He means me," Tony said.

"Well, of course. But, Miss Hansen, my organization has been tracking your research since year two of MIT," Killian explained then Tony, Maya and Happy walked into the elevator.

"Yeah, we're full," Happy said as he put his arm out to stop Killian from coming inside, but Killian ducked under Happy's arms and moved into the elevator.

"Oh, wow. He made it. He made the cut," Tony said and Happy trapped Killian by the wall.

"What floor are you going to, pal?" Happy asked.