four

Everything was black. Blurry. Cold.

"Sir!"

"Alright, kill the alarm. I got it," Tony groaned.

"That's the emergency alert triggered by the power dropping below five percent."

Tony snapped awake, to see he was flying roughly towards the snow at night. He fell and crashed into the ground in the middle of the forest.

When he did, he took off his face helmet as he laid on the ground, catching his breath. "It's snowing, right? Where are we, upstate?" Tony asked.

"We're five miles outside of Rose Hills, Tennessee."

"What?! Why?! Jarvis! Not my idea! What are we doing here?! This is thousands of miles away, I gotta get Pepper and Emma, I gotta-" Tony started.

"I prepared a flight plan. This was the location."

"Who asked you? Open the suit," Tony said.

"I...I think I may be malfunctioning, sir."

"Open eject," Tony said, then the suit opened up off Tony and he sat up. "That's a brisk!"

As Tony started to feel the cold weather, he shivered heavily. "Maybe I'll just cozy back up for a bit," Tony said.

"I actually think I need to sleep now, sir."

Then the suit lost power and Tony panicked. "Jarvis. Jarvis? Don't leave me, buddy," Tony said.

Malibu, California
Stark Mansion

The house, which was now surrounded by emergency rescue and news reporters, Emma stood alone, stained tears on her soft cheeks, looked out across the ocean while Pepper talked to rescue responders. Emma sighed heavily, thinking of how her home was gone. This was her only ever home. The home she's grown accustomed to. Home she grew up in. The home where her parents fell in love.

As she was looking out on the horizon in sadness, she looked around at all the disasters of her once home to find her stuffed bear. She picked it up, dusted the debris off of it, then held him tightly. "Oh, Bosco," Emma muttered, inhaling his scent of her once room.

As she let her heartbroken tears fill her teddy bear's fake soft fur, her watch started to beep. She looked at it suddenly, to see a message was blinking in red.

New message from: Daddy

blink

New message from: Daddy

blink

New message from: Daddy

Emma stared at her watch, in utter disbelief and confusion. Was he alive? Or was it just a message he left behind? She pressed her watch in caution and a recording played, which made Emma's heart burst into happiness and relief.

"Emma, it's me. Your dad. I've got a lot of apologies to make to both you and your mom, and not a lot of time. So first off, I'm so sorry I put you and your mom in harm's way. Not just now, but in New York too. That was selfish and stupid and it won't happen again. Also, it's Christmas time. I'll make it up to you. I promise. Done. And I'm sorry in advance because...I can't come home yet. I need to find this guy. You gotta stay safe. That's all I know. So stay with your mother, and don't come looking for me."

Emma's face was now written in determination.

"Also. I just stole a poncho from a wooden Indian."