two

Stark Mansion

In Emma's room, the young now eleven-year-old was standing in the middle of her room, wearing a red sweater and tight blue jeans. She fiddled with her blonde hair, as she crinkled her eyebrows.

"You have your thinking face on."

Emma rolled her eyes, before she looked at her tablet, placed on her desk, to see she was on a video call with her best friend. Peter Parker. "I'm trying to figure out how to work these things," Emma said before she looked at her watch, which had more technology to it, props to Tony. She pressed on the watch, and something attached to her palms. Almost like metal exoskeleton blasters. Emma stuttered a smile before she examined them more carefully. "Cool," she muttered.

"What is it...exactly?"

"I don't know, Petey. But I'm sure Dad added more than just this," Emma said before she looked at her brown haired, brown eyed best friend through her tablet. "Let's test this." Emma touched her palms and it lit up. And made an eerie noise, like the noise the Iron Man blasters make. Emma was about to see what one of her gadgets was gonna do when-

Buzz
Buzz
Buzz

Emma sighed frustratedly as Happy Hogan is calling popped up on her tablet.

"What? What is it, Emma?"

"Peter. I have to go. My dad's bodyguard is calling me," Emma in annoyance.

"So, Wait, you're telling me that the Tony Stark's bodyguard is-"

"Bye, Peter," Emma said before she hung up on Peter, then answered Happy, but when she did, all she saw was his forehead and eyes. "Hello?" Emma asked, then Happy showed his face. "What is this?"

"Okay. Sassy. I need your help."

"Why me? I'm only twelve," Emma said.

"Well, you're the only one helpful around here nowadays." Emma rolled her eyes before she started to rub her forehead in utter exhaustion. "Okay. I got something going on here."

"What is it?" Emma asked.

"Did you know that when I would tell people I was Iron Man's bodyguard, they'd laugh in my face?" Emma looked at him oddly as Happy just continued very seriously. "I had to leave while I still had a shred of dignity. Now I got a real job, I'm watching your mom."

"Okay, Happy," Emma said, sighing annoyed.

"Yes?"

"What- what is going on...exactly?" Emma asked.

"Pepper. I mean, your mom-"

"Yes, I know my mom's name," Emma said.

"Alright, so she's meeting up with this scientist. Rich guy, handsome."

"Right," Emma said.

"I couldn't make his face at first, right? You know I'm good with faces."

"Oh, right. Yeah. You're the...best," Emma said.

"Yeah. Well, so I run his credentials, I make him Aldrich Killian. We actually met the guy back in...and by we, I mean your dad and I, in Switzerland."

"Uh-Huh. Okay. What else?" Emma asked.

"Well, of course, your dad doesn't remember Killian."

"Of course he doesn't. Killian isn't, one, not a blonde woman, and two with b-" Emma started.

"Please don't finish that sentence."