Lost and exhausted

Chapter- 36
Khusi pov

The strong sunrays forcing me to wake up. My head is pounding as if someone is hitting it with a hammer and my eyes feels too heavy to open, feeling like I'm drowning deep into an unknown world.

"Ahh!" The words escape my mouth as soon as i start opening my eyes slowly.

"Why can't i see anything?" For a moment i thought i am blind.

I can see but the dizziness is making my vision blurry.

"Khusi! How are you feeling now?" someone's voice could be heared and it's giving me more headache.

"Oww!"my neck and back feels stiff, maybe i was sleeping in the same position for too long.

"Khusi don't! Don't sit! Rest some more" the person beside me is shouting but i can't figure out who?

As i sat straight on the bed laying my head on the headrest, that's what it is i guess. I closed my eyes again and opened my eyes even slower this time after few seconds.

"Thank god! I can see properly now" i said and looked at the direction where the sunrays were coming from. I gazed  at the horizon, it's Vivid lights extended across a rosy sky- wait!

"Where the hell I am?" I shouted when i came back to my senses. I was at club and then-

"Khusi! You are shivering so badly"the other person touches on my shoulder and i looked at her way.

"You!" I was surprised to see the person as much as i am suprised to see the background behind her,the white walls, there is a person walking with an iv pole outside the door and a VIP warde sign on it.

"Why I'm here? And why are you here Taniya?" I am feeling dizzy just when a cold feeling hit my core.

"Khusi don't panic. I'm going to answer your question first lay your head down properly" her hands gently placing my head on the headrest.

Her body touched my right hand and i felt a pinch of hurt so i look down at my hand. There is some type of fluid injected in my right hand through an IV pipe.

"Yesterday night Arnav called me asking if i know where Nivedita is" i am looking at her in disbelieve as she continues talking "I knew Nivedita's Instagram account where she posted a story mentioning she is in xyz club so i told him and asked him why"

"Good evening mam! How are you feeling now" A young lady probably in her mid twenties entered the room wearing a nurse uniform with a note pad in her hand.

"I'm feeling a bit dizzy. Can you please tell me what happened to me?" I asked her as she checks my pulse.

"Your husband brought you here in an unconcious state, an excessive amount of drug was inside your body. Now it's seems you are getting better, take rest. The dizziness will go away after some time" my brain gets busy in loading all the information i got now but there is some questions left to answer.

After she leaves the room I direct my eyes at Taniya who was looking at me.

"You were saying something" i wanted her to continue her story so that i could get my answers.

"Yes, so where was i umm" screatching her head she looks at me.

"ohh yes" her loud voice adding more pain to my headache "so sorry is you head still hurting?"her worried eyes looking at my painful expression.

"Iss okk continue" i said rubbing my temples.

"I asked him why he asked me and he replied that he is afraid that something bad is going to happen to you so he wants to go there to check if everything is alright. He was right when he went there he saw a man towering over you and you weren't looking fine with that so he called me again and asked me to come at the club with police" she holds my hand and rubbed it in a circular motion probably to comfort me while i just stare at her with lost eyes.

I don't know what to feel ashamed, emberessed, guilty? But what I'm actually feeling is exhausted and lost.

"Khusi i wanted to meet you for a long time but couldn't find the courage. I know sorry is not enough for what i did but i m really repenting for what i did. You were a great friend and sister to me"

"Knock! knock" Both of our eyes turned at the direction of the door in the same time.

"Buaji! Amma! Dadiji"a smile came across my face.

"Khusi!"three of them said at once.

I hugged each of them and looked behind them to see if the person who saved me came too atleast i can thank him even though it won't be enough for what he did to help me.

"How are you feeling beta"Amma moves her hand on my head. "Yes titaliya! How are you feeling"i flinched at Buaji's loud voice.

"I will be fine as long as you don't shout"i said smiling at her.

I told them what happened and how even though they have heard it from Taniya and apologize to them for making them worry about me.

"I was so scared but thank god Arnav beta went there to help you"Dadiji said ruffling my head.

"But I'm worried for him now. I hope he gets well soon" Amma said looking upset.

My confused eyes turned to Taniya for an explanation.

She nodded her head and told "I called the police and went to the club together but we were late. Arnav was already fighting with the goons to save you so he got badly injured but don't worry
the doctors informed us he is fine, just some minor injuries" she explained which confused me more. Goons? Wasn't that person only a drunkard pervert? someone paid him to threat me? Was there more people with him? why will anyone do that to me?

"You mean that person was actually a goon who came with his gang just to harm me? But why?"My breathe hitched and my head feels heavy just at the thought of it.

"Taniya and Nivedita" her quiet voice was enough to Shake my body.

"What?"It felt like the ground beneath my feet slipped away.

"They are cousins both ruthless and mean. Don't you remember  how Nivedita's  friends were in college?"one after another shock, I don't know what to absorb first.

"I was wondering what i know about them but couldn't remember it well" i said, taking the bottom of my lips under my teeth.

"That girl Shivani was such a-" she looks at Amma, remembering there is my family in the room too.

"eeh! I mean she used to flirt with other people's boyfriends but i won't deny the boys were in fault too. once she even created a fight between our class topper and her boyfriend. The topper heared her when she was praising herself infront of her friends about how beautiful she is that the topper's boyfriend couldn't even restrict himself while the actual story is completely opposite and oh my god it turned into such a fight. Indeed the truth was out that Shivani lied to her boyfriend that his girlfriend was cheating on him and on the hand she told the same to topper girl"

"Ohh! That's why Nivedita introduced her as a girl who was popular among boys and there was another girl with her"I couldn't recall her name maybe the drug dose was too hard for me that's why everytime i try to think my head hurts.

"Avnita?" Taniya spoke out. "Yes! What about her? I thought i heared something about her too" i arched my brows.

"Ofcourse! Who will not, she date a professor just to get exam papers and then became a topper in economics which was suspicious. When the rumours broke out of her relationship with the professor. She complaint a file against the professor in regard of harrassment and her father who was a part of board of directors sued the professor"

I let out a sigh and laied down on the bed. Ami i really this dumb, how could i not remember- ohh shit!

"Dadiji!"i called her sitting up.

"Yes khusi beta!"she replied breaking her conversation with Amma and Buaji.

"Where is Arnavji?i want to meet him" i said while trying to get up.

*****************************************

Hope you enjoy reading this chapter
Don't forget to vote, comment and share the story if you like it ❤❤