seal the deal

Ch-16
Khusi pov

Lard governor went out to take a call mean while i was packing the boxes of halwa. I thought that he would atleast offer me some help but he didn't even gave me a look. how Curel someone can be, my little hands can't do all these alone.

After half an hour Arnav came  back but i  didn't even spare him a look. If he won't help me then i refuse to acknowledge his presence.

"Khusi! It's lunch time since you have so much work left we can't go to Buaji's house for lunch so i called her and told her that we will  have lunch outside"

I didn't even looked up at him , still acting as if I'm busy  packing i asked him " then what about buaji who will cook lunch  for her "

"Don't worry about that i already told Hariprakash to deliver homemade food for her at your home"

See i knew this he planned all  this Just to lower my image  infront of his family. They will think that I'm so useless that I can't even cook for my family and moreover I'm making him work here so now he can play the role of victim.

"Thank you, you are so thoughtful" i said in a cold voice.

He didn't gave me any reply so i tried to look from the corner of my eyes what he was doing.

He sat down on the chair and pulled the table near him, beside the table there was a plastic bag. But i don't remember bringing any plastic bag with me. He took out a foil container from that bag, the smell of delicious food hit my nose that's when i realised how hungry I was.

Don't tell me he is going to eat all these infront me when I'm literally starving. How can somebody be so heartless.

He suddenly called me "kushi come and have lunch with me"

"No i m not hungry, after finishing my work i will buy something to eat" it was physically painful to say that but i couldn't right away say yes to him.

I thought  he will ask me one more time but he already started eating those delicious panner parathas. To add to my emberesment my stomach started grumbling so loudly.

At this point he was clearly trying to hide his smile and was eating  as if there is no tomorrow if i don't say anything now than there will be nothing left.

"Lard- I mean Arnavji don't you know it's bad manners to eat alone like you have to force the other person to eat no matter what" i said pouting.

"I never heared that, where do you learn such dumb things from and i did offered you to eat but you refused , moreover i wanted to see who gives you food without money" he said with lifting his one eyebrow.

I didn't reply anything and just continued doing my work after few minutes i felt his presence behind me but i didn't trun around. Suddenly i felt his fingers tapping on my shoulder. ugh what he wants. He is still not satisfied after insulting me so much.

"What" i yelled at him.

He just narrowed his eyes and threw a plastic bag on my lap. I just looked at him and sigh in disappointment.

Like seriously now he will treat me as a dustbin, i don't even want to waste my energy on him.

I was about to throw that plastic bag in the dustbin  while the devil went outside but it was heavy for a empty foil container so i opened it. Ooops i shouldn't have reacted that way, i was so hangry (hungry+angry) that i didn't even notice that there was another plastic bag  of food that he bought for me.

I was feeling a little guilty but it's completely his falut he could have told me earlier, drama king.

After eating to my fullest i started packing the rest of halwa. After an hour i
Was finished packing all the boxes of halwa and was waiting for lard governor to come back so that we could deliver it.

He came few minutes later and was ignoring me. So i took the initiative and asked him whether he will go with me or not which he replied with nodding his head.

At the birthday party

When we were near the main gate of the customer's house lard governor decided to stay outside so i had to made the delivery alone.

To my surprise i knew the owner of the house, she is a good friend of mine and moved here recently. I was about to leave when she requested me to play with her daughter and her friends for sometime as she had to make some arrangements.

I couldn't refuse her because her daughter was so cute and nice to me. So i thought it wouldn't take much time anyways and about lard governor who told him to stand outside.

Her daughter Rimmy and her friends decided to play "pakram pakrae" where i covered my eyes with a piece of cloth and childrens were  running around and i had to catch them.

I heard them giggling and laughing and followed those sounds to catch them.
As i was running around trying to catch them, i finally grabbed someone's hand but when i touched it a Little bit it felt so big and rough for a child's hand.

So i hurriedly opened my blind fold to see an angry face of the man standing infront of me. The man was none other than  the devil. what's wrong with him he only  wanted to stay outside  and i didn't even forced him to come inside so why he is looking at me like that.

"Monster!Monster!" The children's started screaming. They were right in a way i thought.

On hearing his new nickname he stared at those childrens with a disguised look.
Then look backed at me i wanted to just run away. I looked down at my hand which was still holding his hands subconsciously so i was about to removed it when he grabbed my hand and held it so tightly.

Then he literally dragged me behind him towards the main gate.
" You are hurting me"i shouted at him,surely the way he was holding my hand it would leave a mark.

"Arnav ji!" I freed my hand from his grip. He turned around and step forward getting close to me, i was stepping back to maintain some distance between us. I steeped back a little more and  was about to hit my head on the wall behind me when he placed his hand behind my head.

I don't understand this person one moment he acts like a devil and the next moment he will do something completely opposite of his character.

" Who do you think you are, how dare you to make me wait outside while you were playing with those stupid childrens" he asked me looking into my eyes and his body was so close to mine that it was making me mentally sweat.

"Wh-at! did i told you to stand outside, you were the one who decided to not to come with me"i said avoiding eye connect with him. He hold my chin and lifted it up so i can look into his eyes.

"So what! You thought that you have the right to make Arnav Singh Raizada wait for you"

As i was about to answer him i saw some people comming towards us may be they were guests of that birthday party so i pushed him a little and passed by him quickly. He did follow me may be he saw them too. The way back home we didn't talk to each other, i was angry at him because he didn't even let me say good bye to my friend.

Buaji's house
Buaji was asking me so many questions once we reached home she even thanked that arrogant human for helping us.

She was feeling quite well but still i insisted to cook the dinner. I cooked everything that Arnav hates but to my surprise he didn't reacted and ate everything.

My anger was gone since I did took my little revenge although he did not react but i was still satisfied so rather than fighting with him on who will sleep on the floor. I asked him

"If you promise me that you will let me sleep on the sofa when we  return back to your home then i will let you sleep on the bed"  i clenched my finger towards my palm and pointed out thumb waiting for  him to touch my thumb with his.

He scowled at me and made the same hand gesture and touch my tumb. I shouted in happiness "we sealed the deal"  i always say this after making my Pinky promise.