chamkili

Chapter-18
Khusi pov

" Laxmi ji do you know what happened today?" I looked at Naniji's pet goat with curious eyes as if she is going to answer me back.

"Everyone was acting weird today. Specially Naniji and Anjali di, i don't understand why they suddenly felt the need to make my life more interesting. I know that lard governor has said something but no one is telling me anything about that."I continued when i get no reaction from Laxmi ji other than her trying to get away from my warm embrace.

"Khusi ji" as i was talking Anjali ji called me from the living room.so I went downstairs to find Anjali ji, Naniji and mamiji sitting on the sofa and on the centre table, was a pile of shopping bags.

Between Naniji and Anjali ji there was empty space so i sat there as Anjali ji told me to.

"Khusi beta! We were so excited about your first day in office that we forget that you don't have any dress which is office appropriate."Naniji said.

"But-"as i was about to say Anjali di started talking.

"No but wut khusiji, no need to be shy. We are your family now so atleast we can do this much for you."she smiled at me.

" I don't think these expensive clothes will suit her hello hi bye bye!" On hearing this comment from mamiji i was about to give a reply just then Naniji threw a bag on her face.

"Manorama it would be great if you stop using your mouth and start using your hand to unpack them."Naniji said.

"I justwantedtosaythatidon'tlikewearing western outfits" i finally said what i intended to say but i think it was so fast that no one understood what i meant.

Everyone was looking at me with blank expression so i repeated myself

"I just wanted to say that I don't like wearing western outfits." " I mean i don't have any thing against it but i like wearing my usual Anarkali suits and hence it's not a one time thing so i will prefer wearing my  ususal style."

"Ohh! I'm so sorry.. we thought we will give you a suprise that's why we didn't even ask you about what you would prefer to wear." Anjali di said with an apologetic look.

"Hahaha! Hello hi bye bye you phati sharee how can you be so dumb, how can you even choose your cheap anarkali's over these expensive branded dresses". Mamiji expression was as if she look down on me more now.

"Manorama! Not every one is like  you who will go crazy over materialistic things, it looks like you are taking  more fancy over these dresses i won't be suprised if you choose to wear  all these if offered"

"Humph" Naniji's comment was too harsh which made her leave the room but still she didn't forgot to take her new purse which naniji bought her From the mall . After mamiji went to her room everyone brust out laughing.

After that Naniji ji and Anjali di helped me in choosing what should i wear tomorrow from my current wardrobe and also gave me details about the offiece environment.

I was happy that they were so happy and even respected my opinion. so i was determined now no matter what i will give my best.

The rest of the day just went like that with all the advices and preparations and i slept before lard governor returned from the office.

The next day i even woke up before everyone else. So eventually got ready before lard governor ,in fear that he will do something to ruin my morning.

I wore one of my Lucky and favourite anarkali suit which has these beautiful pink colour to finish my look i paired it with golden  pump shoes and these hand embroidered purse which has little pom poms.