Be my boss

Chapter -32
Khusi pov

Before the sun could fully setup, in between the dawn me and my family took our leave. No questions were asked just some teary eyes wished me good luck. It won't be fair to say i won't miss them.

When we finally steeped inside our house, i let myself feel a little pinch of hurt, the man i stayed for the past days didn't even bid me a good bye.

Nevertheless what ever it was it ended and for good so to cheer up my family sitting on the living room couch i decided to make tea.

"Haye rah Nandkishor my head is hurting, that's why i don't wake up so early" i mimicked Buaji's voice,She is salty after what happened.

" Haye rah Nandkishor! Sankadevi your bad mimicking will hurt my head more" she commented seeing me coming out of the kitchen with a tray.

After serving cup of tea to buaji and Amma, i tried to start a casual conversation just to lighten up everyone's mood.

"So when jiji is going to come?" I asked taking a sip from the cup.

"It will take some time, she got herself an admission into some home decoring course or something like that" Buaji arched her brows trying to remember the word.

" Interior designer " my voice a little louder than i intended it to be causing Buaji to flinch in pain.

" Haye rah Nandkishor! If i stay here for a minute you will give me a head-attack" she stormed away to her room with her cup of tea leaving me and Amma alone.

Again as the girl i am, i start pestering Amma with my questions.

"Amma! Has the ayurvedic centre called you to inform how is Babuji" i said munching the cream biscuit.

"Yes"amma replied in low voice, staring at me like i have grown an extra head.

" Wh-at" I get a little startled, as if she could see my inner feelings.

"Don't try so hard, give some time to yourself. You always make things look so easy to make other's feel happy, but you can't do that to me"her voice making my breath hitch a bit.

Knock! Knock!
"I will just be back"lowering my head i walked up to the door.

"Hello!intern" the person standing outside the door waved his hand and i shut the door instantly on his face.

"Who was there khusi?" Amma questioned me from the other side.

" Mi-lk man" i shutter not knowing what to tell. Well I'm confused myself. What the hell he is doing here.

"Knock!knock"the knocking are louder and urgent forcing me to open the door.

"Amma the milk man doesn't know Where the cow- i mea-n costumer's house is, i will go help him" i opened the door and got out of the house dragging the other person with me before Amma could enquire me more.

"Cow?milk?but khusi our milk man came early morning.khusi?"Amma's loud voice could be heard from outside.

"What are you doing here?"i truned my head to his direction.

"To deliver some milk i guess"he gives a sarcastic smile, he thinks he is funny.lol

"Hahaha wow you came all the way here to deliver your unfunny jokes. If we are done here, can you leave?"i faked a laughed which somehow made his face fall.

"No i just wanted to remind you the office starts at 9 and it's already 8:15" he crossed his arms over his chest in all seriousness.

"Wh-at what are you? Your screws are loose or what? Why should i care about whether your company starts at 9 or 90" i said looking around to make sure no one is looking at us. My Neighbours are not less than Paparazzi.