Chapter 6 - Hospital

Kara and Lena arrive at the hospital in a quick fashion, thanks to the speed of the ambulance. Throughout the entire journey Kara just kept her eyes on Lena as the medics continued to inspect her stomach. Lena could tell that even though they were heading to a hospital Kara was just as scared as before. Lena could see the tears in Kara's eyes. Lena didn't know what to say so she just holds onto one of Kara's hands to reassure here.

Once they get to the hospital Kara is moved out of the ambulance still on the stretcher. Lena hesitantly follows, walking by Kara's side. As they enter the hospital they come across a female doctor.

"What have we got?" The female doctor asks the ambulance medics.

"Stomach trauma which has resulted in a large amount of blood discharge from the uterus area, too much to be a bad period." The medic informs the doctor.

They continue to wheel Kara into the hospital and to a section in the emergency room where screen curtains separate each bed. The medics help the doctor lift Kara up and swap her over to the hospital bed. The doctor then gives the ambulance medics a nod and they leave.

"Okay, what is your name?" The doctor asks.

"Kara..... Kara.... Danvers." Kara says.

"Okay Kara, we're going to fix you up okay?" The doctor says with a smile trying to soothe Kara as she can tell she's panicked, and when someone is panicked that can increase blood flow due to the heart beating faster.

The doctor then moves the shirt that Kara is wearing up her stomach and begins examining the wound.

"I need a nurse in here please!" The doctor calls out and then looks at Kara, "Can you tell me how this happened Kara?"

"I... I...." Kara says nervous.

"Kara tell her!" Lena says forcefully, not out of annoyance, more so out of panic.

"Someone kneed me really hard in the stomach." Kara says.

"And when did this occur?" The doctor asks.

"Thursday evening." Kara says.

Lena flinches realising that whatever happened to Kara must have happened right before she came over to have sex with her. Lena realises perhaps that's why Kara was drunk.

"And when did the bleeding begin?" The doctor asks once more.

"Only this morning.... I woke up and thought I'd peed the bed in my sleep..... but it was blood..... a lot of blood....." Kara says wide-eyed with panic as she remembers the blood in her bed when she woke.

A nurse then comes into the section they are in.

"I need to do an ultrasound to check for any internal injuries." The doctors says to the nurse.

The nurse nods and begins setting up the ultra sound machine. At the same time the doctor carefully moves Kara shirt a bit higher up her torso and then grabs liquid and squirts it on Kara's stomach. The doctor then gets a swab and rubs the liquid gently over Kara's stomach area. Once this is done the nurse hands the doctor the ultra sound device. The doctor grabs it and begins using it on Kara's stomach while looking at the monitor screen. .While all this is going on Kara just looks between Lena and the doctor. Lena just stands by Kara's bed side, on the opposite side of the doctor. As the doctor does the ultrasound Lena looks at the monitor as well, and even from her basic understanding she can see that there is internal bleeding. The doctor looks at the nurse.

"We need an OR now." The doctor says calmly.

The nurse nods and quickly leaves the section. At the same time the doctor turns off the ultrasound and wipes away the liquid off Kara's stomach.